The new Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Re: The new Bangkok Hospital in Hua Hin

Post by Dr Mike »

I think that I have answered that question but perhaps in an indirect fashion.
The generral principle is that we will NOT be recruiting locally initially, ALL our staff will be coming from BKK
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you :thumb:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

I am a little confused---why in the middle of a thread about Health care do we have information concerning fortunes of the Plymouth and Newcastle soccer franchises.
Arcadian
Ace
Ace

Post by Arcadian »

Dr Mike wrote:I am a little confused---why in the middle of a thread about Health care do we have information concerning fortunes of the Plymouth and Newcastle soccer franchises.
Are you English Dr.Mike?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dr Mike,

Those are signatures. If you notice, at the end of each message there is a black line. This underlines the message to let you know that it has ended. The section below the line is the poster's signature.

Having said that, I have just taken a look at mine, and agree that it is a little intrusive. I will reduce it to 2 lines of text. Thanks for bringing it to my attention. However, I can't do anything to anybody else's signature - each person has an allowance, and providing it doesn't break any rules. it is left unmoderated.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Thank you. I felt that I might have entered the asshole zone with my comment. Interestingly I left the UK 45 years ago-- football was definitely called soccer in the UK at that time, Soccer being an abreviation of Association Football. as opposed to Rugby Footballl
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dr Mike wrote:Thank you. I felt that I might have entered the asshole zone with my comment. Interestingly I left the UK 45 years ago-- football was definitely called soccer in the UK at that time, Soccer being an abreviation of Association Football. as opposed to Rugby Footballl
I'd stick to talking about the hospital if I was you, Dr. Mike! :thumb:
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There's an awful lot on the wish list here, and on the 'to do' list. To put this into perspective for those who are familiar with other BH facilities, how will the Hua Hin hospital compare in size and services Dr. Mike to Pattaya and Rayong? Pete :cheers:

Edit: Perhaps compare to Pattaya before they built their new wing.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Smaller than Pattaya. We wli;; do all the everyday things but not do things like Open heart surgeryandlike Pattaya not do radiotherapy for cancer.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Latest news and its good news---The scheduled opening date is getting near and I cant believe it but its going to be on time. We will be opening the Emergency facilities the first week of November and there is every indication that the opening of Phase 2, the out-patient Clinics, in April will be on time or possible earlier.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

THURS 28th. This was an important day. The Provincial Health Dept came and gave the results of their inspection. As always with govt ministries they found a few things to correct but nothing that cannot be achieved in the next few days. They wish us to call ourselves a Clinic until the In-patient unit is open, but we will have observation beds in the E.R.--So we are licensed.
We also ran 3 disaster drills--a Heart attack, A stroke and a major auto accident. With the stroke victim we also ran a drill to transport him by helicopter to Bangkok. They all went well.
The official opening is on Monday-- I think that on Tuesday we will be ready for action.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Well done

I've watched it being built and it looks great.

We had a power cut in Condo Chain last night and rather than climb the 9 floors I nearly came across to the brightly lit building and checked myself in with hypothermia!!!!
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
dahobbit

Post by dahobbit »

Dr Mike wrote:Latest news and its good news---The scheduled opening date is getting near and I cant believe it but its going to be on time. We will be opening the Emergency facilities the first week of November and there is every indication that the opening of Phase 2, the out-patient Clinics, in April will be on time or possible earlier.
Oh good. I have an emergency I've been planning for mid-November.... :alien:
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

Always good to make arangments well in advance of unexpected events.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Dr Mike wrote:.......With the stroke victim we also ran a drill to transport him by helicopter to Bangkok......
Reference that part, does the hospital have a helicopter pad on the roof or on the property? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source