Dengue fever in Hua Hin?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Dengue fever in Hua Hin?

Post by PET »

prcscct wrote:Yes, it's over here in Rayong and the rest of the East as well. All schools both public and private have put out warnings along with the standard list of precautions to be taken. Let's hope that with cooler and dryer weather it will fade a bit. Pete
What are these precautions - just insect repellant?
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There isa mini-hysteria about Dengue, There are people who feel shitty for a day or two and say--I had Dengue, If you think you have it--go to one of the labs in town, not the hospitals and request a Dengue Fever antibody test and a Full Blood count to see what your platelet level is.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

oakdale160 wrote:There isa mini-hysteria about Dengue, There are people who feel shitty for a day or two and say--I had Dengue, If you think you have it--go to one of the labs in town, not the hospitals and request a Dengue Fever antibody test and a Full Blood count to see what your platelet level is.
Why not the hospital? They do the very same test. The lab in HH hospital has the results in around 30 mins.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Bristolian wrote:
HHTel wrote:And to top it all, my son is in hospital with Dengue Fever. His blood count dropped to 25% of what it should be.
I hope that he makes a full and speedy recovery.
Thanks for that. He's over the pain episode. He's still in hospital but feels fine. He's being kept in until his blood count comes out of the 'danger level'. Now he just wants out of the hospital and get a cigarette!!
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

"Now he just wants out of the hospital and get a cigarette!!"

That's probably a bigger threat to his health than dengue... :D :wink:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

PET wrote:
prcscct wrote:Yes, it's over here in Rayong and the rest of the East as well. All schools both public and private have put out warnings along with the standard list of precautions to be taken. Let's hope that with cooler and dryer weather it will fade a bit. Pete
What are these precautions - just insect repellant?
That plus advice about getting rid of and preventing standing water around the home, keeping doors and windows closed, fixing screens, getting your property fogged etc. I've noticed a drop in the mosquito population just since it's stopped raining and the temps have dropped a few degrees. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Dengue fever sucks! I mean it really sucks balls! For six days I was waiting for the sweet embrace of death himself. An insane, non-stop migraine for 96+ hours (so no sleep obviously) followed with violent non-stop vomiting and add a dash of chronic aching of everywhere for a full house.

Just got released from hospital today. Gotta get some more blood tests done later.

Dengue Fever = Not a wonderful time

:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Good to hear that you're recovering - rather you than me.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I was out last night, I meta guy I know who told me that he and his wife had had Dengue for a day or two but was now fine. Felt tired for two days and mild raise in temp. No blood test confirmation, just a self-diagnosis. Probably not.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Big Boy wrote:Good to hear that you're recovering - rather you than me.
Thanks very much Big Boy. It's the worst thing I've had in my 32 years. I'd take my nasty motorbike accident over it any day of the week.

:cheers:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I hope that i never find out.

Points 48; Position 20
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I'm sure your wives and girlfriends have been following this story closely. The guy has the worst hemorrhagic strain and is still in critical condition. They amputated a foot as well. :(

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... fever-coma

http://outbreaknewstoday.com/por-sahawo ... and-35577/

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/video- ... -condition
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, I get updates everytime its on the news.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

prcscct wrote:I'm sure your wives and girlfriends have been following this story closely. The guy has the worst hemorrhagic strain and is still in critical condition. They amputated a foot as well. :(

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/general ... fever-coma

http://outbreaknewstoday.com/por-sahawo ... and-35577/

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/video- ... -condition
However I read that the reason for the foot amputation was NOTHING to do with Dengue Fever and was a separate bacteria which unfortunately came at the same time as Dengue. The press (because he's well known) has turned it into a scare story!
Bluesky
Guru
Guru

Post by Bluesky »

Some promising news re vaccine for dengue

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/ ... f-research
'Diplomacy is the art of telling people to go to hell in such a way they ask for directions'. -Winston Churchill-