[ADVERTORIAL] The Inner Room

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

[ADVERTORIAL] The Inner Room

Post by Lev »

ADVERTORIAL

The Inner Room
Yep, that's me, late middle age and living in Thailand. After years of playing contact sports of all kinds, and with a complete aversion to thrusting chemicals down my throat to combat arthritis, gout and general degeneration, and in particular the old man's disease of getting up too many times at night for the wrong reason, also having the 'other' problems that dent confidence and stops a lot of natural fun.

I have decided to share the best herbal products that my friends and I are using to combat some of these nuisances which accompany us to our maturing years.

For more information please post on this topic or send me a PM (Admin has enabled them).

Please click below to send PMs to "Inner Room", not Lev:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12214

Please use this thread to ask any questions and communicate with business representatives who may also respond here.

Click here if you are interested in having your own advertorial thread on Hua Hin's busiest website
Inner Room
Novice
Novice

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] The Inner Room

Post by Inner Room »

Any information required send a PM and I'll get back to you--also thanks to admin for setting this up.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lev wrote:ADVERTORIAL

The Inner Room
Yep, that's me, late middle age and living in Thailand. After years of playing contact sports of all kinds, and with a complete aversion to thrusting chemicals down my throat to combat arthritis, gout and general degeneration, and in particular the old man's disease of getting up too many times at night for the wrong reason, also having the 'other' problems that dent confidence and stops a lot of natural fun.

I have decided to share the best herbal products that my friends and I are using to combat some of these nuisances which accompany us to our maturing years.

For more information please post on this topic or send me a PM (Admin has enabled them).

Please click below to send PMs to "Inner Room", not Lev:
memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=12214

Please use this thread to ask any questions and communicate with business representatives who may also respond here.

Click here if you are interested in having your own advertorial thread on Hua Hin's busiest website
Presumably you have done a fix so that they can read pm's without the normal 10 posts?
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

I'm curious about what you are recommending but the fact that you need to advertise sounds like it is a multi-level marketing scheme. Nuways, perhaps?
Inner Room
Novice
Novice

Post by Inner Room »

Thank you for your comment, answer--no, it is not MLM, can't abide that, it is what the website says, recommended herbal help that has worked for my friends and I.
At the moment I am only recommending Bali Mojo, a couple of other herbal capsules for Gout (control) and arthritic complaints and prostrate are being 'tested'.
Inner Room
Novice
Novice

Gout

Post by Inner Room »

Gout and arthritis, soul mates if you like and my friends and I to a larger or a lesser degree all suffer. So, the ‘Inner Room’ has been attempting to come up with ideas to help us sufferers. This is mostly about gout.

Living in the tropics helps a little as the foods are all here that can help relieve the pain associated. Let’s be honest, as yet there is NO absolute cure for these diseases, but there are ways to manage them and this is where we have been looking and trying out various recommended HERBAL products, some you will find on your local market stalls.

OK, for those that don’t know: Gout is a relatively common condition caused by the buildup of uric acid crystals that happens in our joints. The most common symptoms include severe pain, redness, swelling, and disability. The most common location is at the base of the great toe. Other joints can be involved as well including the ankle or instep, wrist, finger, shoulders, hips, knees and knees. Gout can cause problems with the kidneys as well if crystals form there.
If you’ve been diagnosed with gout, it is important to avoid foods that are known to trigger a gout attack. Some of these foods are red meat, seafood, beer (also other forms of alcohol), and foods high in high fructose corn syrup. Once attack occurs, however you’re searching for relief. When you go to the doctor and the diagnoses is established, your doctor may offer you treatments for your immediate pain including non steroidal anti-inflammatory medications such as ibuprofen or naproxen. They might also offer you treatment with colchicine or injections of steroid medications into the affected joint. For many, these treatments work well, however they can be expensive and they can also have substantial side effects.
Like so many diseases, gout is likely an artifact of inflammation and habits of lifestyle, which means following an anti-inflammatory diet and making changes in lifestyle should be the first line of defense.
Food that causes excessive uric acid production are generally those with a high concentrate of purines :-

What are PURINES?
When cells die and get recycled, the purines in their genetic material also get broken down. Uric acid is the chemical formed when purines have been broken down completely. It's normal and healthy for uric acid to be formed in the body from breakdown of purines. In our blood, for example, uric acid serves as an antioxidant and helps prevent damage to our blood vessel linings, so a continual supply of uric acid is important for protecting our blood vessels.
Uric acid levels in the blood and other parts of the body can become too high, however, under a variety of circumstances. Since our kidneys are responsible for helping keep blood levels of uric acid balanced, kidney problems can lead to excessive accumulation of uric acid in various parts of the body. Excessive breakdown of cells can also cause uric acid build-up. When uric acid accumulates, uric acid crystals can become deposited in our tendons, joints, kidneys, and other organs. This accumulation of uric acid crystals is called gouty arthritis, or simply "gout."

Very high concentrate of purines: Avoid!
Anchovies, Brains, Gravies, Kidneys, Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads

Moderately high purine levels: Avoid when an attack, otherwise eat in moderation.
Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison
Other less welcome help for the natural control of gout---lose weight! Don’t drink so much alcohol! And even stop so much smoking! I guess that doesn’t make this article that popular. I’ve lost weight and it has helped, not a smoker but to lose weight I controlled my beer intake.

The 3 things that have helped along with controlling diet are ---

1. Pineapple

Bromelain is a mixture of enzymes that digest protein (proteolytic) that are found in pineapples. Pineapple has been used for centuries in Central and South America to treat indigestion and reduce inflammation. Bromelain, which is derived from the stem and juice of the pineapple, was first isolated from the pineapple plant in the late 1800s.

2. Cherries
Cherries are a popular home remedy for gout. The amount usually recommended is anywhere between half a cup and one pound of cherries a day. They are either eaten or blended and then diluted with water to make a juice. Cherry extracts are also available at some health food store.
Please note that there is no medical back up yet to support the hope that cherries help, only that there are more and more guys trying this out and with reported good results.

3. Lemmon squeeze.
Lemon juice stimulates the formation of calcium carbonate, which neutralizes acids like uric acid. Therefore, drinking freshly squeezed lemon in a glass of water after meals can prevent a gouty attack; also drink plenty of water anyway as this will flush the system.
Hope some of this is helpful, there will be more to follow.

Finally, I am trying out a supplement to complement my dietary control, more on that a little later when I can report on its use or otherwise.

A gout recipe to enjoy

Strawberry-Pineapple Sundaes (4 servings)

Ingredients
• 2 cups fresh strawberries
• 1 cup of pineapple chunks
• 1/2 cup strawberry jam, preferably “all-fruit”
• 1 tablespoon lemon juice
• 2 cups organic vanilla frozen yogurt
• Mint sprigs, for garnish (optional)
Preparation
1. Pull green tops off strawberries. Slice the strawberries and put half in a small saucepan. Add pineapple chunks, jam and lemon juice. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook, stirring occasionally, until the strawberries are soft, about 5 minutes. Carefully stir in the remaining strawberries (the sauce will be very hot). Set aside to cool.
2. To serve, spoon most of the sauce into 4 ice cream dishes and top with scoops of frozen yogurt. Spoon the remaining sauce on top. Garnish with mint sprigs if desired
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Re: Gout

Post by sand_dancer »

Such a comprehensive post......

And not a mention of milk.... Butter and cheese being common items that cause gout......

I was going to get my rope out and hang myself from the nearest tree......

But having read your list of foodstuffs...... Its highly likely that I will never suffer from Gout.....
Bristolian
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Gout

Post by Bristolian »

Inner Room. You should really give credit to and a link to all of the websites that you have copied and pasted from. :cheers:
"'The two most important days in your life are the day you are born and the day you find out why." - Mark Twain
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

Very high concentrate of purines: Avoid!
Anchovies, Brains, Gravies, Kidneys, Liver, Sardines, Sweetbreads

Moderately high purine levels: Avoid when an attack, otherwise eat in moderation.
Asparagus, Bacon, Beef, Bluefish, Bouillon, Calf tongue, Carp, Cauliflower, Chicken, Chicken soup, Codfish, Crab, Duck, Goose, Halibut, Ham, Kidney beans, Lamb, Lentils, Lima beans, Lobster, Mushrooms, Mutton, Navy beans, Oatmeal, Oysters, Peas, Perch, Pork, Rabbit, Salmon, Sheep, Shellfish, Snapper, Spinach, Tripe, Trout, Tuna, Turkey, Veal, Venison
Okey dokey then so in a nutshell NO MEAT FISH MOLLUSCS POULTRY or VEGETABLES

:shock: :shock: :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :idea: :idea: :idea:
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand