Busting the fat myth

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Busting the fat myth

Post by Dannie Boy »

sargeant wrote:I am not advocating stopping fluids altogether only the unnecessary fluids ie beer in large quantity's
as i said after a good bike ride i expect to gain approx half of the weight i have lost by re hydrating.
As for food intake its mainly the snacks Crisps snickers bars do nuts etc that one should cut out and also cut portion size
But and it is a big but without the exercise it is almost impossible to shed the fat. and i fundamentally disagree that diet is more important than exercise.
Without exercise you cannot burn off those calories
Surely as with many things, it's about getting the balance right - high calorie intake with little/moderate exercise will result in weight gain, moderate calorie intake with high exercise will result in weight loss and of course something in between for both will result in weight stabilisation. The actual amounts will vary person to person, but that's the general principle.
sargeant
Deceased
Deceased

Post by sargeant »

high calorie intake with little/moderate exercise will result in weight gain
I am with you so far
moderate calorie intake with high exercise will result in weight loss
I am still with you
But you missed out
Moderate calorie intake with moderate exercise will also keep ones weight constant

edit due to phone call interruption :oops: :oops: :oops:

The point is NO EXERCISE and you will get fat low medium or high calorie intake makes no difference
exercise is vital
and yes i agree it is individual specific we dont all eat the same food
A Greatfull Guest of Thailand
sand_dancer
Guru
Guru

Post by sand_dancer »

D-B & Sarge

You are both correct.....

Unless you are a serious athlete...... The indepth science should not concern people......

For those that are merely trying to lose weight.....

The science is simple.....

Eat less & move more......

Most men require a calorific intake of between 2000 - 2500 a day.....

Most women require between 1500 - 2000 a day......

Take in more than you use up..... You will get fat.....

Use up more than you take in..... You will lose weight......

A combination of diet and exercise...... Is the best combination for MOST people...... There will always be exceptions..... Medical problems etc......