PM brands free care as 'too costly'

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: PM brands free care as 'too costly'

Post by caller »

Yes, missed that as well! Maybe easily affordable was OTT, but this can be made to work, even the BP has come up with some sensible proposals. In a Country like Thailand, it seems only right to me that universal healthcare should be maintained, when the alternative is out of reach for most. Scrap the subs?
Talk is cheap
Roel
Guru
Guru

Post by Roel »

It all comes down to the structural problem: only the poor pay taxes, the rich don't. Thailand has a long way to go.

I am afraid that prior to the next elections we will see another vote buying round by manipulating the uneducated populace (not their fault) through another cunning unrealistic proposal after the 30 Baht health care and the rice scheme. Everyone a motorbike for 100 Baht or something like that?
We are all living in 'the good old days' of the future.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

Roel wrote:It all comes down to the structural problem: only the poor pay taxes, the rich don't. Thailand has a long way to go.

I am afraid that prior to the next elections we will see another vote buying round by manipulating the uneducated populace (not their fault) through another cunning unrealistic proposal after the 30 Baht health care and the rice scheme. Everyone a motorbike for 100 Baht or something like that?
somehow the rich everywere seems to find a way to awoid pay tax.

good idea with the 100 baht motorbike,then I will buy one for every kid and in my wifes village so they don't have to walk to scholl and if they have and accident they can use the 30 baht scheme and get some free rice at the hospital :thumb:

:cheers: :cheers: