I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Post by GLCQuantum »

... has lasted for four days now. Upper right eyelid pulsating like a heartbeat. Doesn't hurt, just irritating.

The question really is - "Am I dying?"

:cheers:
pharvey

Re: I Have a Heartbeat in my Eyelid

Post by pharvey »

GLCQuantum wrote:... has lasted for four days now. Upper right eyelid pulsating like a heartbeat. Doesn't hurt, just irritating.

The question really is - "Am I dying?"

I'm certainly not a doctor, but would say it's simply a harmless twitch - I have the same problem from time to time (also upper eyelid) normally brought on by lack of sleep or a bit of stress. I did see the local "quack" at the time - and he was not concerned in the slightest.
I would say however, if it does continue for an extended period, could well be worth having it checked out simply for peace of mind.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Cheers pal,

Never had it before. Just one of those weird new things that comes along with age I suppose. And weird it certainly is...

Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

No not dying yet :) I think it is quite normal. It can be caused by stress or anxiety sometimes. Have you been sleeping properly? Try some relaxation if you can and get a few early nights. Also if you drink a lot of coffee try and cut back or cut it out for a while.
My son gets a little stressed lately and I suggested he downloaded some relaxation programmes. Maybe worth a try :)
It should go away, but I am sure it must be annoying and a little distressing.
Hope it goes away soon for you. :)
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

Thanks Siani,

Yes, it's bloody annoying! It's just there... all the time... all day... all the time :wink: .

I looked in the mirror, and it's visibly noticeable (if you stare at the eyelid with full concentration for a minute or so). It's funny you should talk about relaxation programmes, as I previously slept to them at night for a couple of years (plenty of good ones on you tube) until recently.

Maybe time to get back onto them...

:D

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

GLCQuantum wrote:Cheers pal,
Just one of those weird new things that comes along with age I suppose.
What are you trying to say you cheeky git!! :wink:

Also, as Siani says, caffeine (and "others") is a big cause - but still, I'm sure nothing to worry about.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

pharvey wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:Cheers pal,
Just one of those weird new things that comes along with age I suppose.
What are you trying to say you cheeky git!! :wink:
Now, now... it's no secret that most others here have a 'couple' of years on me. I'll have you know, that I used to be the baby of the forum not so long ago.

P.S. Eye still twitching.
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

Too much weed.........................
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I reckon its caused by you looking in the mirror, it's frightening you, causing palpitations. :( :oops: :duck:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

It's probably a tape worm. Nothing to worry about.
Talk is cheap
Siani
Legend
Legend

Post by Siani »

GLCQuantum wrote:Thanks Siani,

Yes, it's bloody annoying! It's just there... all the time... all day... all the time :wink: .

I looked in the mirror, and it's visibly noticeable (if you stare at the eyelid with full concentration for a minute or so). It's funny you should talk about relaxation programmes, as I previously slept to them at night for a couple of years (plenty of good ones on you tube) until recently.

Maybe time to get back onto them...

:D

Yes, good to do relaxation, it really is. Do you feel the heartbeat in the eye at night as well, when you eyes are closed? I think staring in the mirror at your eye is not a natural way to tell what's wrong. Sometimes we all get annoying things happen, does not matter what age you are. Sometimes it can be worse for younger people, I went through a stressful time in my 30's, looking back...I emigrated to Australia at the time, all weird things happened, panic attacks, sensitivity to bright lights, phobias. I think I was also a bit of a hypochondriac way back then :wink:
Go back to the tapes, just relax, give it a few days, it will probably go as quickly as it came.
The main thing is don't worry...you won't die :)
gerryha

Post by gerryha »

Still, no point buying christmas presents too early this year
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

As posted above a couple of things I might suggest to you.
Maybe stress or feeling run down causes this I have had this happen on a few occasions for a week at a time. Working in a highly stressful environment for 60-72 hours a week I've become burnt out.
It could be diet have you changed were you frequently eat.
Also self medicating on the greenage could be giving you an underlying anxiety.
Looking in mirror at you twitching issue could psychologically exacerbate your niggle.
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Tsk, GLCQ, have you been exacerbating your niggle? Bad boy! Bad, bad, bad. :tsk: :laugh:
This is the way
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Post by J.J.B. »

Might be worth having an eye test, too, since this type of twitch could be brought on by simple eye strain, either by spending too much time in front of a VDU or over-tiring your eyes by reading without glasses. As others have suggested, nutritional imbalance, narcotics and chronic stress can cause it too.

Rearely, when I'm very fatigued and usually the morning after a heavy night, but not always, I get something known as a 'visual migraine' (I don't get migraine at all so this was a new one). It is the most bizarre experience, totally painless where you 'see' random patterns in your field of vision, a bit like small liquid spills, that have a strobing, black and white striped pattern flicking across them. You cannot see through them and your field of vision is totally blocked and it's incredibly disorientating. I was somewhat panicked (stroke, brain tumour!?) as they are in your brain and nothing to do physically with your eyes, so you can even see the pattern with your eyes tightly shut. The optician said it was very common and not harmful but often linked to stress.

I don't see myself as a stressy person, but it has many weird and wonderful forms...
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde