What Was Your Food/Drink Intake Today?

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

What Was Your Food/Drink Intake Today?

Post by GLCQuantum »

I have been told that I eat too much. On many occasion. Nicknamed 'The Dustbin' I will not see food go to waste. Saying this, I still manage to stay at around 70kg. Sometimes it drops a little sometimes it climbs. I've got a big feeling that obesity is in the post for me in my later years unless I change something. Currently I'm very active. I work my arse off and sweat a lot each day. As time goes by, the energy I'm able to put into work will drop and my weight will increase, I'm sure.

Last year sometime, I woke up and was quite disgusted at how much I'd eaten (in a day) by observing the remaining evidence of it around the room. I remember what was there vividly. 'The Munchies', doesn't really do it justice.

Fried rice with chicken x1
Chicken drumsticks x4
Deep Pan Pizza (Hawaiian) x1
Chicken wings x6
Lasagna x1
Garlic bread x1
Tuna sandwich x1
Bavarian creme donuts x4
Chocolate brownie x2
Coconut filled buns x1
Pepsi x 2 liters
Chocolate milk x 2 large bottles

At the end of yesterday, I had a little think to myself about my food/drink intake too (hence the thread). Though not as ghastly as the above (no weed) it still looks pretty bad on paper with a load of beer dumped on top of it (consequence of having no weed).

Fried chicken wings x 4 plates (24 chicken wings)
Fried rice x1
Steak sandwich x1
Tuna sandwich x1
Beer Chang x4 large bottles
Beer Leo x3 large bottles
Smirnoff Ice x2 bottles

Apart from the beer intake, everything else is 'quite normal' for me. I don't get called 'The Dustbin' for nothing. But nobody knows where it goes. When my 90 year old gran comes to visit she'll usually remark *cue strong Hull accent*...

"I've seen more meat on a twiglet, lad"

So at what age can I expect to see the start of a Santa belly? How many more years can I get away with what I'm eating now?

migrant
Addict
Addict

Re: What Was Your Food/Drink Intake Today?

Post by migrant »

For me things started changing at around 40. I like to eat, and cook, and it seemed that the old metabolism started slowing down.

I did too though. Younger I played lot's of sports and kept very busy. At 40 work and family took over.

At 50 things really got tougher. Before, when I felt myself too heavy, I would eat lighter during the day, and for dinner (my favorite) i'd eat half a boiled chicken and some peas. My weight would drop quickly, but after 50 no more.

I still keep fairly active, eat pretty healthy, and not a heavy drinker, so while I'm not ever gonna be a male model (the face also of course) I am managing to maintain.

When we go to Thailand I lose weight. As I mentioned I enjoy eating. As a kid food was not plentiful so we all had to be members of the "clean plate club". Portions in most American restaurants are huge, so I eat them. In Thailand I eat the much smaller portions, and am satisfied.

Will be interesting what happens once there full time (63 days :D )
:popcorn:
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: What Was Your Food/Drink Intake Today?

Post by hhfarang »

Good luck Migrant. I gained about 25 pounds while living in Hua Hin. I think it was directly associated with a drastically lowered activity level simply due to the climate. My eating and drinking habits didn't change much but I became a couch potato because I got tired of being soaked in sweat within 30 seconds of beginning any activity.

I lost 15 of those 25 pounds within two months of leaving Thailand without trying or changing eating or drinking habits.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?