Liquid Painkillers

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
MajorBloodnok
Suspended
Suspended

Liquid Painkillers

Post by MajorBloodnok »

Hello,

when I took some 'Tramal' tablets bought here in Thailand, but made in Germany, I noticed allergic side-effects (neuropathy keeping me awake all night).
I had never had such problems with Tramal in Germany.

But the reason for this post is that liquid analgesics do not seem to be available in Thailand.
I had excellent results with Tramal & Novalgin drops in Germany.

The drops seem to take effect faster.

Has anyone else missed liquid painkillers?

Thanks for your information.

Kind regards,

MB
A GRATEFUL GUEST OF THE KINGDOM OF THAILAND & HER PEOPLE
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: Liquid Painkillers

Post by J.J.B. »

Drugs manufactured by different companies around the world often use different 'excipients'. These are the ingredients that add bulk, colour, solubility etc. In the case of generic drugs, i.e. 'copies', the manufacturer needs to prove very little to the authorities in order to get a license to sell them. You could find that one set of excipients alters the ability of the active drug ingredient to get to where it needs to work at the right time (this is called bioavailability).

This is rare and would only normally be picked-up in very treatment-sensitive conditions like epilepsy or schizophrenia. However, the fact that you see a difference between solid and liquid formulations suggests your metabolism benefits from a faster drug action and absorption of the active drug. It could also be related to your digestive system and whether you have taken the tablet before or after a meal; there are many factors. You may have tried it already but consider soluble versions of painkillers, if you can get them. As a last resort you could try to crush the Tramal tablet and dissolve it in slightly warm water or empty the powder from the capsule into slightly warm water, depending on how Tramal is presented. Avoid anything other than water as this could cause a slight chemical reaction and could also affect the overall drug efficacy.

Hope you can find something that works for you, neuropathic pain is no fun at all.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde