Good Dentist HH/Panburi Location

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Good Dentist HH/Panburi Location

Post by HHTel »

Bubba1, are you some kind of snob. You remind me of Hiso Thais who eat the the most expensive restaurants (not necessarily good) just because they can and they want people to see that they can afford it.

Cost does not by any stretch of the imagination guarantee quality just because it's expensive. Very often, it's quite the opposite.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

On another thread, there were stories of Bangkok Hospital. Very expensive. However, a couple of Thai 'hisos' always went there. The wife was being treated for a virus ('flu). On her second visit, they took an xray and told her the xray was clear.
Later in the week, she was in so much pain in the night, she opted to go to A & E at Hua Hin hospital. Not sure what tests they did (I think an MRI but not sure) and found she had a blood clot on the lung. Could have been life threatening left untreated. You don't always get what you pay for!
Bubba1

Post by Bubba1 »

HHTel wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 11:14 pm Bubba1, are you some kind of snob. You remind me of Hiso Thais who eat the the most expensive restaurants (not necessarily good) just because they can and they want people to see that they can afford it.

Cost does not by any stretch of the imagination guarantee quality just because it's expensive. Very often, it's quite the opposite.
Just because you can't afford the best healthcare don't assume everyone else can't
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Bubba1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:20 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 pm I'm not sure how we can be sure of safe practice in respect of unclean instruments. All decent surgeries will have sterilisation kit, but how do we know how well it is used? I've never heard of anybody becoming ill as a result of using a Hua Hin dentist.

I think we'd all be interested in learning how you ensure quality.
It's certainly not on the cheapest price....
BUBBA - We have already established that both dentist practices are very good and the quality of their work also!!!
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Bubba1 wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:20 pm
Big Boy wrote: Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:08 pm I'm not sure how we can be sure of safe practice in respect of unclean instruments. All decent surgeries will have sterilisation kit, but how do we know how well it is used? I've never heard of anybody becoming ill as a result of using a Hua Hin dentist.

I think we'd all be interested in learning how you ensure quality.
It's certainly not on the cheapest price....
The dearest doesn’t guarantee best quality either.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

This is why I'm interested in how Bubba ensures quality. I was a (medical) snob when I moved here. I thought I was paying for the best of everything, but soon learnt that money was not the key.

The problem with many dentists here is that they won't take the easy option - maybe a filling or extraction. They look for the expensive option. My wife has called them out several times when they gave a crazy estimate for the cost of treatment. Each time the dentist has changed the estimate. Once the estimate dropped from 56,000 to 600 Baht. My wife has a very strong set of gnashers. The dentist didn't suddenly swap the instruments for unsterilized instruments to achieve the 55,400 Baht saving.

I think we have to be careful to distinguish between quality and Farang price. Yes, some procedures do cost a lot, but not every time.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »