Aspirin

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Aspirin

Post by 404cameljockey »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm Or, you could look up natural blood thinners and not worry about side effects.
It's a good suggestion, but is there any way to check to see how effective each one is when you use them? Some natural remedies for problems work and some don't (for example I'm taking turmeric and black pepper capsules as well as Arthricin for arthritis, I don't feel or see any improvement after 2 months already - I'm going to report in another thread after one more month).

Some natural remedies are powerful and some only have a small effect. And some blood thinners can themselves have side effects (an excess of cinnamon, however much that is I have no idea, can cause liver damage).

At least we know that aspirin can be trusted to do the job.

Does a blood test give a reading for 'thickness'?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

There are a number of blood tests for clotting--Bleeding time, clotting time are 2 old ones. But Prothrombin time is the one used to assess anti=coagulent efficiency.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

404cameljockey wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 8:31 am
handdrummer wrote: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:27 pm Or, you could look up natural blood thinners and not worry about side effects.
It's a good suggestion, but is there any way to check to see how effective each one is when you use them? Some natural remedies for problems work and some don't (for example I'm taking turmeric and black pepper capsules as well as Arthricin for arthritis, I don't feel or see any improvement after 2 months already - I'm going to report in another thread after one more month).

Some natural remedies are powerful and some only have a small effect. And some blood thinners can themselves have side effects (an excess of cinnamon, however much that is I have no idea, can cause liver damage).

At least we know that aspirin can be trusted to do the job.

Does a blood test give a reading for 'thickness'?
:
I take 1 teaspoon a day of cinnamon with no side effects. It lowers uric acid. I spent over 20 yrs. in the alternative medicine business as an employee and owner of a health food store and never had a bad reaction or was told of one by a customer. It takes up to 120 days (the time it takes to make new blood) for herbs to be effective and it's best to start slowly and build up to the maximum dosage if needed. Maximum dose is usually twice the amount stated on the bottle. If after 30 days there is no effect, increase the dosage to the next level for up to 2 weeks before deciding if it's effective. Blood tests are usually the best way to judge if there's any effect. Aside from simple things, like colds, you can't always judge the herbs effectiveness by how you feel, as there are many factors involved in how you feel. :cheers:
404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey »

:thumb:
:cheers: