medical maters

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
john the one
Novice
Novice

medical maters

Post by john the one »

my wife and I are planing on retiring to Thailand in or around Hua hi, my only concern is for the medical side of things, my wife has Angina, I have one or two things, that come to us when we reach late fifties, I know that there is medical insurance but it looks as if none of these cover pree conditions.
Can any one put my mind at rest please.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Thailand has a host of good hospitals but you have to pay. Albeit little compared to the equivalent in Europe.

As far as insurance goes I'm at a loss. I came out some years ago with a 1 year policy. Incurred DVT and the UK company refused to pay at first. Took me eons to get money back. Of course no insurance co will touch me now with a recurring health problem. I'm 61 and hear prices are jacked up after you're 60

Other guys on the site may be more knoledgeable about local insurance

I'm sure they will respond to you soon
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Guess
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Guess »

Health Insurance is done on a case by case basis. The questions you will be asked are regarding:

Age, smoking, alcohol, sexual behaviour, medical history and even hereditary information, even though I doubt if they can verify it.

The thing is that if you are untruthful with the questionaire you will almost certainly be caught out when you claim which would render the whole policy void.

You may find at that age it is better to just jump on a plane if something serious hapens that can wait the time of the plane journey but in the meantime check out prices at hosptals for various treatments. This, I know is difficult, something like a heart attack can be of varying severity and the stay in hospital could vary comsiderably.

I have recently spent one week in Petcherat with a variety of complex problems and it cost me 70,000 baht.
[color=blue][size=134]Care in the community success story.[/size][/color]