Hello from the UK

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
heathcliff81
Novice
Novice

Hello from the UK

Post by heathcliff81 »

Hi,

I just discovered this excellent forum and thought I will register and say hello. I am from the UK but do visit Thailand 2-3 times a year. However, I haven't been to Hua Hin as yet. This situation will be rectified in December when I am spending 5 days with my girlfriend. We are at the Hilton Hua Hin. It seems like a good spot for the beach and attractions.

I am hoping that Hua Hin is quieter and less busy compared to Bangkok or Pattaya. I am almost totally blind and I am finding that bigger cities are rather difficult to navigate and large crouds don't make it any easier.

I did a quick search of the forum but haven't managed to find any information about hiring local tour guides or day tour operators. Are there any such tour guides or companies near Hua Hin I wonder?

On the other hand, we probably won't be needing a tour guide. My girlfriend is Thai and we could probably negotiate with a tuk tuk or taxi driver to take us around. I am also trying to find if there are any taxi companies in Hua Hin for local trips.

I will probably post my questions again in relevant threads but any information or pointers about the above topics are much appreciated.

Regards,
Heathcliff81
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hello from the UK

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the forum, there is more info on tourist activities and sites here: http://www.tourismhuahin.com/

You're girlfriend will be able to negotiate with taxi drivers.