Hi everybody

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
bram
Rookie
Rookie

Hi everybody

Post by bram »

65 yo British male, been mostly in Hong Kong for the last 20 odd years, about to relocate to HH with my HK Chinese missus. Have lived in Thailand previously, a few years ago (BKK). Would appreciate any advice and tips.

Sent from my BAH-W09 using Tapatalk

Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Re: Hi everybody

Post by Lev »

Welcome to the forum, have a read of this to get you started: viewtopic.php?f=26&t=10054
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

bram wrote: Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:37 pm 65 yo British male, been mostly in Hong Kong for the last 20 odd years, about to relocate to HH with my HK Chinese missus. Have lived in Thailand previously, a few years ago (BKK). Would appreciate any advice and tips.

If you can tell us a bit more about your plans that would help - are you looking to “retire” and live in HH permanently, are you looking to rent or buy, do you have any hobbies/interests, do you want to live within walking distance of the town center or will you be buying a car - anything that will help give you a steer into, or away from various issues.
bram
Rookie
Rookie

Post by bram »

Thanks for the interest Dannie. Mostly I am concerned about getting to and from Suvarnabhumi, as I will be making a few trips in and out of LOS.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

bram wrote: Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:29 pm Thanks for the interest Dannie. Mostly I am concerned about getting to and from Suvarnabhumi, as I will be making a few trips in and out of LOS.

Well getting to the airport in BKK will not make a great deal of difference, but if you look for properties on the north side of HH (towards Cha Am), it would avoid having to pass through the town which can get busy at peak times.

If there are other issues/advice required, ask away.