Hello from a newbie to Hua Hin

New members login and say hello here. Please read our Forum Starter Pack and Terms and Conditions before posting if you are new to this forum.
Pullo21
Novice
Novice

Hello from a newbie to Hua Hin

Post by Pullo21 »

Hi all,
This is my first time in Hua Hin. I'm solo male traveller until 3 September (when the gf intends to join me ;-)
I'm staying in the Grand Night Market area at present and then moving North to Hisea Hua Hin hotel at end of August.
Any suggestions on how to occupy my time?
Cheers!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Hello from a newbie to Hua Hin

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pullo21 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 pm Hi all,
This is my first time in Hua Hin. I'm solo male traveller until 3 September (when the gf intends to join me ;-)
I'm staying in the Grand Night Market area at present and then moving North to Hisea Hua Hin hotel at end of August.
Any suggestions on how to occupy my time?
Cheers!
Are you asking about before the 3rd September or after?
Pullo21
Novice
Novice

Post by Pullo21 »

Sorry for the late reply DB, my stomach's still not acclimatised to street food! Better now 😊 I meant before the 3rd.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Pullo21 wrote: Fri Aug 31, 2018 10:29 am Sorry for the late reply DB, my stomach's still not acclimatised to street food! Better now 😊 I meant before the 3rd.
Presumably you’ve done the Grand night market by now and have you ventured up to Soi 80 to see what’s on offer there? A look in at Market Village or Blueport can kill an hour or two. Any specific interests?
Pullo21
Novice
Novice

Post by Pullo21 »

Yes, thanks. Found night markets easily enough and ventured down to the Market Village mall (with the big Tesco) and a bit further to Bluport.
Soi 80 looked much more lively than Soi Binta Baht. Wandered up the latter with the TGF yesterday, she found it highly amusing as so quiet and laid back. I guess it gets into gear in a couple of months....
I didn't risk taking any of the girls out in Soi 80 as I felt a tad guilty with gf coming so soon. Also my hotel had a 500bt joiner fee which was unexpected. Just curious, do the bars in 80 have short time rooms?
egiljohann
Amateur
Amateur

Post by egiljohann »

Yes, many of the bars in Soi 80 have short time rooms upstairs.
:laugh: