The Rugby Thread

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Re: The Rugby Thread

Post by PeteC »

Six nations

Standings at the end of Round #3:

1 - Dai_L 10.50
2 - iron jack 10.50
3 ▲1 redzonerocker 10.00
4 ▼1 lindosfan 9.50
5 - pooley 9.50
6 - BigBoy 9.50
7 ▲3 oz 8.50 (Yellow Cap)
8 - JimmyGreaves 8.00
9 - pharvey 7.50
10 ▼3 Pete 7.00
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Couldn't resist. Such a shame pharvey has been abducted by aliens :D
quiet.jpg
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Best quote of the week. "I`m a referee, not a coach"
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

arcadianagain wrote:Best quote of the week. "I`m a referee, not a coach"
Yes, in the England/Italy match. Eddie Jones was/is not too pleased at all about Italy's tactics apparently, even though they are legal. Watch for a rule change coming up perhaps? Pete :cheers:

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/39098575
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Premiership: RFU Championship promotion play-off scrapped

"Automatic promotion to the Premiership will be introduced in 2018 after the Rugby Football Union decided to scrap the Championship play-offs.

The winners of England's second-tier competition will be promoted if they satisfy 'minimum standard criteria' to play in the top-flight.

Promotion this term will again be decided via the four-team play-offs.".....

http://www.bbc.com/sport/rugby-union/39157046
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The first shock of the weekend. :shock: Will there be more?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I guess it might tempt pharvey to come skulking out of his hole, temporarily though :D :run:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Wales vs Ireland - what a pulsating game and Sexton and North now probably certain for the Lions Tour. Anyway thank you Wales you have made life somewhat easier for England!! Go for it RED ROSE tonight.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Six Nations

Standings as of the end of Round #4. We have a real battle going on at the top with all to be decided next week. :D Pete :cheers:

1 ▲1 iron jackiron 16.00 (Yellow Cap)
2 ▼1 Dai_L 15.00
3 - redzonerocker 14.00
4 ▲2 BigBoy 13.50
5 ▼1 lindosfan 11.50
6 ▼1 pooley 11.50
7 - oz 10.50
8 ▲2 Pete 10.50
9 ▼1 JimmyGreaves 10.00
10 ▼1 pharvey 9.50
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

England you wonderful Red Roses you are bloody magnificent
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Well done England, Ireland stopped NZ on 18, SA on 17 now it's Englands turn, I hope!! :-)
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

JimmyGreaves wrote: Sun Mar 12, 2017 8:04 pm Well done England, Ireland stopped NZ on 18, SA on 17 now it's Englands turn, I hope!! :-)
Yep, could have been a slightly easier fixture for the record, especially being in Dublin too. :?

That said, if we play like we did yesterday, we have a good chance.
Poor old jocks didn't know what hit 'em :mrgreen:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote: Sun Feb 12, 2017 4:34 pm I clicked on to the Rugby Thread and saw "last post by Pharvey". I had a vision of him blowing his bugle and lowering the Welsh flag
Class! Didn't have a bugle, but was certainly wearing the black arm band! :(

Well, I was glad to be back..... :roll:

Have returned from the depths of the desert with mixed feelings (and a couple of YouTube recordings of the 6N)... God's Own have not been at their best, but a great win against the Paddies and a narrow (but heart breaking) loss to those from the wrong side (of the bridge). The Sweaties deserve more than their points show, but capitulated at "HQ". Les Bleus...... ? :? and surely it's time for a 6N with relegation and the chance for Georgia to be a part of the Top Tier?

Abducted, yes BB - but by Mauritanians. A hardship not to have the pork Roast on a Sunday, but devastating not to be able to drown your sorrows after an excruciating 5 pt loss to Beelzebub (he does come from "Down Under") and his squad.
Oh, and that's a tad flat for Wales - has more of the look of the Lake District come 2018 :neener:
JG - Superb game, Ireland off their best, but Wales coming back from some poor displays - pity God''s Own have made it easier for the Lillywhites, but hope the boys from The Emerald Isle bring that winning streak to an end come Saturday :cheers:
PET - As much as it pains me to say, your "Red Rose" :wink: have realistically only played to their best against the Scots - and they're looking incredibly good. A huge contingent for the British Lions (hopefully without your captain).
Pete - As usual great captain! :cheers:
RZR - Understand..... I'm only lulling you into a false sense of security with my 10th placing.... :roll: :oops:

Here's to a great final weekend of the 6N!! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Good to have you back Pharvey. Now, do your best with catch-up concerning the Champions League, and sign up for F1 as only a week or so away. Pete :cheers:
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

pharvey wrote: Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:45 pm RZR - Understand..... I'm only lulling you into a false sense of security with my 10th placing.... :roll: :oops:
I know that :wink:

Just need to shaken Big Boy off my tail and hoodwink Iron Jack and Dai in the final 3 fixtures. :? . . . . . :twisted:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.