Premier League 2013-2014

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2013-2014

Post by GLCQuantum »

'Twas the month of Christmas. Christmas cheer was in the air, Christmas trees had been put up and children were anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus. Carols were being sung, problems had been forgotten and...

...Arsenal fans' delusional bubble (that they may actually win something this season) had been burst.

Merry Christmas. :wink:
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

GLCQuantum wrote:'Twas the month of Christmas. Christmas cheer was in the air, Christmas trees had been put up and children were anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus. Carols were being sung, problems had been forgotten and...

...Arsenal fans' delusional bubble (that they may actually win something this season) had been burst.

Too early for implodes. Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool usually falter after Christmas
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

richard wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:'Twas the month of Christmas. Christmas cheer was in the air, Christmas trees had been put up and children were anticipating the arrival of Santa Claus. Carols were being sung, problems had been forgotten and...

Too early for implodes. Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool usually falter after Christmas
But you forget Richard...

We've done our imploding already - got it out the way! Arsenal and Liverpool have not yet.

Arsenal's is coming now (two bashings on the trot) and Liverpool's 'imploding' will be starting tomorrow... :wink:

:cheers:
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Arsenal fans were not so stupid as to come onto the forum and boast about winning the league, you, however, are the stupid Spud who makes idiotic predictions about what Spurs will achieve and gets it spectacularly wrong. Just get back to writing posts on the Sun.
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

arcadianagain wrote:Arsenal fans were not so stupid as to come onto the forum and boast about winning the league, you, however, are the stupid Spud who makes idiotic predictions about what Spurs will achieve and gets it spectacularly wrong. Just get back to writing posts on the Sun.
just woken or are you allways in such a good mood ?

:cheers: :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Don't know but from thoughts from today´s match. Great football but I'd say Citeh will be the champions, they looked better, not by much but just enough. Then again, there's still long way to go.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Yes, I was happy to see the Arse given a good spanking, but to be completely fair it was a fantastic game to watch and both teams played their part.

I had to laugh when the commentator said something like "Arsenal are preparing to use their secret weapon.... Nicolas Bendtner!"

City look formidable - I think they have to be clear favourites if they can work out whatever little glitches they have away from home.
This is the way
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

dtaai-maai wrote: City look formidable - I think they have to be clear favourites if they can work out whatever little glitches they have away from home.
I have to agree with you d-m :oops: if Citeh can find their form away from home then the title is surely theres to lose.
Anyway,lets hope United can maintain their place in the top 10 after tonights match. :(
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

bsdk1960 wrote:
arcadianagain wrote:Arsenal fans were not so stupid as to come onto the forum and boast about winning the league, you, however, are the stupid Spud who makes idiotic predictions about what Spurs will achieve and gets it spectacularly wrong. Just get back to writing posts on the Sun.

Not just woken up or in a bad mood, but please go back over previous posts by GLC and perhaps you will understand the gist of my post.
Good game and I have no quarrel with the result, but most of City`s goals were as a result of poor passing or dwelling too long on the ball by Arsenal, and we managed to score 3 goals :oops:
bsdk1960
Ace
Ace

Post by bsdk1960 »

arcadianagain wrote:
bsdk1960 wrote:

Not just woken up or in a bad mood, but please go back over previous posts by GLC and perhaps you will understand the gist of my post.
Good game and I have no quarrel with the result, but most of City`s goals were as a result of poor passing or dwelling too long on the ball by Arsenal, and we managed to score 3 goals :oops:
I agree it was a good game and all above the game you wrote is spot on and I hate to see city win as I cheer united :cry:
but you still have the no. 52 bomber Nicolai Bendtner :laugh: :laugh:.

redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Yep, a bad day at the office :(

The worst display of the season in terms of defensive discipline but when you're continually chasing the game (because of silly errors) it happens, especially against a side like the sheiks.

As good as they are, we scored 3, had a cast iron pen turned down, had a perfectly good goal ruled out & possibly another too.
It's all about how we respond in the next game, a nice easy one at home to chelsk :mrgreen:

Has the bubble burst? . . . . . . . what bubble is that ? :?
I'm pleasantly surprised to be going in to the christmas period in the position we are, actually i'm amazed considering the strength of the competition. :| :D
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

redzonerocker wrote:It's all about how we respond in the next game, a nice easy one at home to chelsk :mrgreen:
And we're hardly in stellar form........... :(
Talk is cheap
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Alright lads?
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

Welcome back, Baa.Baa, we have mised you.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Bamboo Grove wrote:Welcome back, Baa.Baa, we have mised you.
I'd been diagnosed with chronic belly laughs over David Moyes!