Premier League 2013-2014

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2013-2014

Post by caller »

No comments on 'nutter' Pardew?

And for fun:

Talk is cheap
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Once a twat, always a twat. Nothing more to be said really.
This is the way
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

He should receive a lengthy ban from the FA.....he's a manager for christs sake.....how can he instill discipline in his players if he behaves like that ?
Just imagine if someone like Suarez did something similar to that,what an outcry there would be.
Pardew is lucky he didnt try to nut the likes of Nani or Robben or he'd be facing a prison sentence ! :guns:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

Of course Pardew is out of order & deserves his punishment, as he has accepted.

If we're talking about discipline though, is it ok for Meyler to shove & confront an opposing manager in his technical area?
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

It's not a nice feeling knowing that we need all 3 points at Stamford Bridge next week to still be in the Champions League race. And then again the following week against Arsenal at home. :cry:

If we don't take all 6 points we can kiss goodbye to any slim chance that we had of Champions league.

:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Only five fixtures this coming Saturday, nothing on Sunday.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

its FA cup weekend Pete.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes it's FA Cup qtr final weekend so 4 games affecting a number of Premiership teams.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

They have at least one, maybe two, storm games to make up as well from a few weeks ago. What do they normally do, add an extra week on to the end of the season?
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

prcscct wrote:They have at least one, maybe two, storm games to make up as well from a few weeks ago. What do they normally do, add an extra week on to the end of the season?
No they have to play extra mid-week games - this year is even more restrictive than normal, with the World Cup being held in Brazil in June.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

GLCQuantum wrote:It's not a nice feeling knowing that we need all 3 points at Stamford Bridge next week to still be in the Champions League race. And then again the following week against Arsenal at home. :cry:

If we don't take all 6 points we can kiss goodbye to any slim chance that we had of Champions league.

We're shit and we know we are!!!!
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

JimmyGreaves wrote:
GLCQuantum wrote:It's not a nice feeling knowing that we need all 3 points at Stamford Bridge next week to still be in the Champions League race. And then again the following week against Arsenal at home. :cry:

I wouldn't go that far Jimmy :D .

We're still fifth and (if only mathematically) in with a chance of a Champion's League spot...for the title even :D. Soldado just got his first of the year to boot! I see a sprint to the finish line from Soldado now...

But, yes... we'll probably finish in 5th.

Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

dtaai-maai wrote:Just been watching Stoke v Arsenal. Not sure what happened to Arsenal up front, but until Oxlade-Chamberlain came on very late, nothing much was happening for them. Stoke missed some good chances and deserved the win.

Stoke's 'robust' approach to their football is no great secret, but Charlie Adams is a thoroughly nasty piece of work. I often raise my eyebrows at the over-reaction of players these days, but in this case I was astonished at the restraint. In my day in the East Kent Wednesday League Division 2 (a smoke, a beer and a lie-down at half-time :laugh: ) anyone treading on a player like that (not once, but twice! :shock: ) would have been lucky to get home in one piece. And quite rightly so. I hope they throw the book at the snotty little git.
Stoke City's Charlie Adam has been charged with violent conduct by the Football Association.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26425905

Having watched the incident on MOTD, it was either a genuine accident or as d-m has suggested, a nasty incident by a nasty and sneaky Adam, who made no eye contact before or after the incident, which could be his saving grace. My take on it, is that Adam wasn't looking down at Giroud's leg before the incident, hence why it could have been an accident, but then if that was the case, I would have expected him to look afterwards to see what he had done, so the fact that he played on as though nothing had happened means it was most likely deliberate.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

GLCQuantum wrote:
JimmyGreaves wrote:

I wouldn't go that far Jimmy :D .

We're still fifth and (if only mathematically) in with a chance of a Champion's League spot...for the title even :D. Soldado just got his first of the year to boot! I see a sprint to the finish line from Soldado now...

But, yes... we'll probably finish in 5th.

7th is a more likely prediction :wink:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
KowPatGai
Rookie
Rookie

Post by KowPatGai »

I just caught up on Match Of The Day 2 - it was refreshing to see Tony Pulis fining his own players for diving.

As for Pards, surely the perfect excuse for Ashley to be rid of him and that lengthy contract. He's got a lot of previous for touchline antics dating back to his West Ham days when he had some handbags with Wenger. To be fair on the Hull player at least he stayed on his feet when some may have gone to ground rolling around like Vinnie Jones had just actually head-butted them.