Premier League 2015-2016

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Premier League 2015-2016

Post by JimmyGreaves »

Let's go!

Kevin Wimmer: Tottenham sign defender from Cologne

Tottenham Hotspur have signed Austrian defender Kevin Wimmer from Cologne for an undisclosed fee on a five-year deal.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Premier League 2015-2016

Post by dtaai-maai »

Hi Jimmy, if you've got 365Sport, they're showing Spurs v. a Malaysian XI on Ch 2 - quite a decent game, and some good youngsters on in the 2nd half.
This is the way
JimmyGreaves
Legend
Legend

Post by JimmyGreaves »

I'll watch that, it's a repeat but not seen the game. Sydney v Spurs Saturday or Sunday live.
Diplomacy is the ability to tell a man to go to hell so that he looks forward to making the trip
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

For those of us who have never heard of the spuds new star defender, here's what wiki has to say - it's very short, so you won't get bored.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kevin_Wimmer
Talk is cheap
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

The concept of buying a young player who isn't an internationally renowned superstar costing at least 30 million is probably a bit hard to grasp for a Chelsea fan...
This is the way
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

dtaai-maai wrote:The concept of buying a young player who isn't an internationally renowned superstar costing at least 30 million is probably a bit hard to grasp for a Chelsea fan...
Oh Chelsea have got loads of those, I watched a few earlier. And others play all over Europe. Time will tell, as they say.
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

caller wrote:
dtaai-maai wrote:The concept of buying a young player who isn't an internationally renowned superstar costing at least 30 million is probably a bit hard to grasp for a Chelsea fan...
Oh Chelsea have got loads of those, I watched a few earlier. And others play all over Europe. Time will tell, as they say.
But will they ever get to play for the first team in a proper competitive match? I would think they are transfer fee fodder to allow Mourinho to buy established players and still balance the books :twisted:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

arcadianagain wrote:But will they ever get to play for the first team in a proper competitive match? I would think they are transfer fee fodder to allow Mourinho to buy established players and still balance the books :twisted:
I'd say it's 50-50. Courtois is an obvious example of a player sent on loan who has. He blooded a few youngsters at the end of the season and has publicly stated they will be in next seasons squad. I think we have a strong crop of youngsters coming through as well as many loanees. A bit of a dilemma really.
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I think we need a new smilie "wind me up"
Terry
Suspended
Suspended
Location: At Hua Hin Fishing Lodge, Hin Lek Fai most of the time.......

Post by Terry »

A very restrained quote from my old mate BG (Copied from the last season thread).................

"Some comments from February to round up the season.

Terry » Sat Feb 07, 2015 11:11 pm
The best North London Team 2 - 1 That other load of s*i*e

by GLCQuantum » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:57 pm
The Spurs team that beat Arsenal was the youngest team fielded in the premier league this season with an average age of 24 years and 37 days. Promising stat for a Spurs fan.

by Bamboo Grove » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:41 am
Ok, enough of sulking. Spuds were better tonight, so a fair result. They packed the midfield and blocked out our creativity. We were woeful in getting the ball upwards from the defenders, most of the passes there went to the opponents, which must have been their plan. Anyway, life goes on and I, yet again, think we will finish above our little sisters in the end of the season. Enjoy it now while you can, spuddies.
So Far From The Bamboo Grove
http://www.cultural-china.com/chinaWH/h ... ry516.html
http://bamboogrovestories.blogspot.com/"

For an Ar5se fan, this geeza is ok.

Let's hope the new season sees better stuff for WHL.

(Anyways - managed to get THB 8,500 out of two poor demented gooners for two bits of oily rag. The kids down at Mercy House will benefit - thanks folks :neener: :duck: :cheers: :cheers: )
Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Personally,I think this rumour is a load of journalistic rubbish but I bet the Spuds fans are hoping it doesnt happen! :guns:

Manchester United are preparing to make a £50m bid for Tottenham striker Harry Kane, 21, with Louis van Gaal set to offer Javier Hernandez, Nani :laugh: and Adnan Januzaj as part of the deal. (Goal.com !
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

Liverpool have reportedly turned down a £30 million bid from Man C for Sterling, they say they want £50 million.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

arcadianagain wrote:Liverpool have reportedly turned down a £30 million bid from Man C for Sterling, they say they want £50 million.
They have to make their money/get money back (it is a business after all), but would love to see them put the arrogant little barsteward on his @rse in the stands for the remainder of his (legally binding) contract....
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Liverpool seem to be rudderless at the moment and it's hard to understand what's happening there? The club sacked two of Rodgers main coaching team, seemingly above his head, they have bought Milner on a free and Danny Ings from Burnley and it's inevitable that Sterling has played his last game for them.

Milner is a very good player, but I can't see him as being someone to take Liverpool forward to the level they seem to think is their given right.

And Danny Ings? As good as he may be, he's untested really and with the best will in the World he's not of the quality they so clearly need. He scored 11 for Burnley last season, in a struggling team. But Borini did similar at Sunderland the season before returning to Liverpool for last season and he didn't get a look in.
Talk is cheap
arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

I can`t believe we have not reacted to Maureen`s driving ban after amassing 12 points. There must be endless jokes involving driving/buses etc. What with his danger to other road users, his complete disregard for the control of rabies and his crimes against football he should be deported.