The "Beautiful Game"....... and it's Fans!

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

I'm no great supporter of "Wendyball" but am a big follower of sports in general (well, rugby! :D ) ... However, when I "extract the urine" out of the former's supporters, it is just banter and a bit of a laugh on my part :D . These pr*cks however are a disgrace to any sport and should be an embarrassment to any true supporter :cuss: :banghead:

I would have also thought that whilst not all, many of these idiots could be identified from photographs and imprisoned/fined/banned or simply castrated.... :guns:

I appreciate that these of low IQ and few morals are in the minority, but it needs to be sorted out....

Leeds United supporters attacked by Eintracht Frankfurt thugs in ugly scenes following pre-season friendly in Austria as 25 are detained and fans are left bloodied

"* Rival supporters clashed after Leeds United's 2-1 defeat by Eintracht Frankfurt in a pre-season friendly in Austria
* The match passed without incident but was marred by violent scenes after the final whistle
* Around 100 Frankfurt fans, some wearing balaclavas, attacked Leeds fans on the pitch
* The fighting continued in the car park outside the stadium and also in Eugendorf town centre later
* A group of 50 Frankfurt fans had earlier stormed an entrance after their bus had been stopped by police
* Police in riot gear tried to keep the two sets of fans apart with 25 arrests made in total, 17 from Frankfurt "
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (134.02 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (154.03 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Capture3.PNG
Capture3.PNG (132.23 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Capture4.PNG
Capture4.PNG (174.4 KiB) Viewed 507 times
Capture5.PNG
Capture5.PNG (113.86 KiB) Viewed 507 times
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Henry 14th
Guru
Guru

Post by Henry 14th »

Yeah absolute scum bags. Same as the racist Chelsea lot who have recently been in court.

In years gone by Leeds fans were know for their violence, looks like these idiots are trying their best to continue such an inappropriate legacy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkkghkc. Molk a
A

ZvV
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: The "Beautiful Game"....... and it's Fans!

Post by redzonerocker »

^ ^ ^ ^
....... and I suppose the Frankfurt fans were just innocent victims?? :roll:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

redzonerocker wrote:^ ^ ^ ^
....... and I suppose the Frankfurt fans were just innocent victims?? :roll:
Oh, absolutely........ Also hadn't realised that balaclavas were part and parcel of the supporter's kit these days :banghead:
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Can I say, I see nothing in the above that is any worse than what I saw when the Prachuab supporters, led by their Chairman, attacked the Hua Hin City players. So it's not only in Europe.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I saw some drunken fighting in the stand back at the 1992 Cricket World Cup game between England and Australia. The atmosphere out on the streets after the game was edgy as well. Is there a team sport that's not affected in some way?
Talk is cheap
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Big Boy wrote:So it's not only in Europe.
Certainly it's not BB - in all honesty some of the worst violence I've seen (well on TV reports), has been in the African Nations or South America. Can all go pear-shaped anywhere I guess
caller wrote:I saw some drunken fighting in the stand back at the 1992 Cricket World Cup game between England and Australia. The atmosphere out on the streets after the game was edgy as well. Is there a team sport that's not affected in some way?
Booze obviously has a huge impact on people's behavior, but IMHO it's simply down to attitude and intellect! In many years of following rugby, I've only seen 1 "scuffle" (off the pitch!). This was sorted out within 1 or 2 minutes by the surrounding crowd........ The bars stayed open!

On the subject of booze at sporting events, I took my nephew on a tour of the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff a short while ago and was surprised to be told that on one of the few occasions the curtains of the VIP lounges are drawn, is when televised Wendyball is being played there - apparently it is illegal to be seen drinking alcohol on TV when the round ball game is being played..... not so for rugby. :shock: :?