"Minor" sports?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Re: "Minor" sports?

Post by Felipesed1 »

Very good.
If you get time look at a video of Hurling, one of the All-Ireland Finals.
You will be amazed.
Incidentally the helmets they wear now have only been required since 2010, before then nobody wore them.
redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re:

Post by redzonerocker »

Felipesed1 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm
Do you really believe that the huge salaries paid to footballers are justifiable, considering the minimal ability required, and the unlikelihood of serious injury?
You've obviously never played at any level so it's fairly pointless arguing with you, except to say you're talking absolute nonsense. :roll:
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I like football, but the transfer fees and wages have spiraled out of control. The cheating and bad acting when injured is disgusting. Top level football is no longer a proper sport, it is a business.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

I don't care for any "team" sports. They always have one person who is given all the credit but rarely gives credit to the hard work of the rest of the "team".

Whereas race drivers/riders always give credit to the team and sponsors.
Felipesed1
Professional
Professional

Post by Felipesed1 »

Very good point.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

RCer wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 am I don't care for any "team" sports. They always have one person who is given all the credit but rarely gives credit to the hard work of the rest of the "team".

Why do people exaggerate? Team sports 'always' have one person who gets all the credit - really? You've played in the wrong teams mate.
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Re:

Post by caller »

Felipesed1 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:12 pm Very good.
If you get time look at a video of Hurling, one of the All-Ireland Finals.
You will be amazed.
Incidentally the helmets they wear now have only been required since 2010, before then nobody wore them.
I've seen Hurling loads of times on the telly. I like and watch lots of sport. You obviously think people who watch or play football don't do other sports, whereas the reality is almost always the opposite.
Talk is cheap
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

lindosfan1 wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 4:16 am I like football, but the transfer fees and wages have spiraled out of control. The cheating and bad acting when injured is disgusting. Top level football is no longer a proper sport, it is a business.
:agree: Absolutely no justification for the ridiculous salaries and sponsorship paid to some players these days and then to top it off, not being happy with being paid outrageously lavishly, they cheat on their taxes FFS, bunch of absolute :tosser:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

caller wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 am
RCer wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:07 am I don't care for any "team" sports. They always have one person who is given all the credit but rarely gives credit to the hard work of the rest of the "team".

Why do people exaggerate? Team sports 'always' have one person who gets all the credit - really? You've played in the wrong teams mate.
What team stars start an interview by thanking their teamates?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

RCer wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 am
caller wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:45 am

What team stars start an interview by thanking their teamates?
Oh I see, you're talking about folk on the telly, I'm talking real life. It's such a stupid point anyway.
Talk is cheap
pharvey

Re:

Post by pharvey »

For my Two Pennies, Baht, Cents worth.......
Felipesed1 wrote: Tue Jul 25, 2017 3:46 pm Popular game, not sport, because it is pushed down people throats all the time and has been turned into the new "opium for the masses".
Do you really believe that the huge salaries paid to footballers are justifiable, considering the minimal ability required, and the unlikelihood of serious injury?
As most on the Forum will know, I'm not a great follwer of Wendyball (sorry Caller - FOOTBALL :wink: ), and firmly believe the transfer fees, agents fees and salaries are obnoxious (should be illeagal), HOWEVER - to state these guys have "minimal ability" and "unlikely to suffer serious injury"... means either a) You're a Troll/Fishing for a reaction or b) Simply a Tw@t. At the end of the day, whilst I dislike with a vengeance the way "some" simply cheat, they are proffessional atheletes, talented and incredibly fit...... AND do on occassion suffer some VERY serious injuries.

As per Caller, I have played and enjoy several sports.
RCer wrote: Wed Jul 26, 2017 10:30 amWhat team stars start an interview by thanking their teamates?
Come on RCer - daft comment for you. BUT I would say British Lions Captain recently....B&I Lions, a "Minor" sport and "Team"!! :wink:

MINOR SPORTS.......

Have certainly enjoyed the World Championship Swimming in Budapest - 22 year old Peaty from GB has been incredible. 2 Golds, broke his own world record twice (in one day), 10 fastest times ever for 100m.... Superb.

Oh.... And there is RUGBY!!!!!!! :neener:

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.