Football Transer Fees/Salaries Criminal or Simply Insane?

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

Football Transer Fees/Salaries Criminal or Simply Insane?

Post by pharvey »

To me bordering on criminal, but certainly insane...

Neymar - £198 million transfer fee :shock: and £40 million (plus) a year salary :shock: WTF??!! How can ANYONE be worth that kind of money??!!

"Neymar will earn 865,000 euros (£775,477) a week when the Brazil forward completes his world record move from Barcelona to Paris St-Germain.

The 25-year-old's wages will equate to 45m euros (£40.3m) a year before tax.

Barcelona have told the French club they must pay his 222m euro (£198m) fee "in full" and they are understood to be ready to meet his release clause.

It means PSG's total outlay across the initial five-year deal will come to £400m."

Full Atricle: - http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40809505

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
J.J.B.
Guru
Guru

Re: Football Transer Fees/Salaries Criminal or Simply Insane?

Post by J.J.B. »

It is totally insane and entirely unjustified. What really ticks me off is that the news pundits who are so scathing of what they consider to be exhorbitant executive pay, treat this as amusing.
"A man who does not think for himself, does not think at all."
Wilde
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Assuming he completes the full 5 years of his contract - costing PSG £400 million, and becomes a "Free Agent", how in the hell will have PSG recouped that outlay? :? Certainly will have needed to sell alot of shirts!! :wink:

redzonerocker
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by redzonerocker »

pharvey wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:06 pm Assuming he completes the full 5 years of his contract - costing PSG £400 million, and becomes a "Free Agent", how in the hell will have PSG recouped that outlay? :? Certainly will have needed to sell alot of shirts!! :wink:

Don't you mean how will Oryx Qatar Sports Investment recoup their outlay?? :wink:

Yes, you are right, it is bordering criminal.
The game has been ruined by the ridiculous amounts of money involved in transfers and wages. :(
Remember, no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

The governments of the world are rubbing their hands in glee. The transfer out country gets a piece of the transfer fee IMO, and various countries get a piece of his salary depending upon how creative his tax accountants are. Pete
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

To me, it used to be the big sports in the US that were paying obnoxious amounts of money - NFL, NBL etc., but has Wendyball (sorry Football Caller :wink: )) taken over?

arcadianagain
Ace
Ace

Post by arcadianagain »

This is just back pocket money to the Qataris, they just hope to be able to bask in the glory of winning trophies with a club who, let`s face it, were second rate.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

pharvey wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:49 pm To me, it used to be the big sports in the US that were paying obnoxious amounts of money - NFL, NBL etc., but has Wendyball (sorry Football Caller :wink: )) taken over? :cheers: :cheers:
I can't think of anyone in the NFL, NBA or MLB that is making even close to some of these soccer (football) salaries. The really top people in the NBA and NFL are in the 15-30 million per year range. MLB less. Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

prcscct wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2017 3:36 pmI can't think of anyone in the NFL, NBA or MLB that is making even close to some of these soccer (football) salaries. The really top people in the NBA and NFL are in the 15-30 million per year range. MLB less. Pete :cheers:
Poor buggers - how can they make ends meet? :roll:

Zidane
Guru
Guru

Post by Zidane »

Lets hope he doesnt do his cruciates in his first game for PSG ! :guns:
We're all on our uppers,we're all going skint,
I used to suck fat cigars but now I suck Polo mints.
aragon
Professional
Professional

Post by aragon »

Zidane wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2017 11:16 am Lets hope he doesnt do his cruciates in his first game for PSG ! :guns:
Sorry, but it would be poetic justice if he did exactly that.

It is pretty obnoxious actually, there is absolutely not justification for this at any level. It was also reported that his advisor/manager, who just happened to be his old man (no farking surprises there really), stands to make $23 million out of the deal.

No wonder FIFA is so corrupt with this kind of money fueling the corruption.
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

I've been against these ridiculous transfer fees and salaries for a long time. These lead to non-loyalty in football and cause more and more fans to demand their clubs to buy, buy, buy, never mind how much the cost is. As Mourinho (whom I don't like) just said the worst of this transfer are the consequences: more and more players are starting to cost ridiculously high prices and they will demand more and more in wages just because someone else will do it. Although, PSG can afford this because of the Qatari ownership of a investment company, who will probably try make Neymar an idol in the areas where they invest (Qatar and other Arab countries). They only need to sell about 1,5 million shirts to cover his transfer fee, which I can see easily to happen, if he becomes a hit in Arab countries.

In the end, I think, it's stupid that the fans of many clubs are demanding these high cost transfers and salaries, just to earn short time results. In the end they will end up sharing the costs of these transfers and salaries by higher ticket prices and higher prices for club shirts and other items. Last year I was in London and the price for a new team shirt was 80-90 £, which I don't really want to spend on a shirt (but many do). Now I read the PSG shirts costs 140 £.