Rugby this weekend

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Rugby this weekend

Post by PeteC »

There is a big match between Australia and the All Blacks either tomorrow or Sunday. My neighbor and I can find no reference of it being televised in any of the satellite or cable directories. Does anyone know if it will be televised and if so what system/channel? Thanks. Pete
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Only place i know that its on is Crawfords. They are advertising it on their chalk board. I will be there.
www.35mmview.com
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Ken »

Hi Pete

It is on the South African satellite channel, SuperSport 1, Saturday, 5pm. In Pattaya, bars such as Jameson's will be showing it live. Very unlikely to be on ABC Asia Pacific in Thailand as ABC encrypted the earlier Tri-Nation matches but worth checking just in case. Randy is correct, it is on at Crawfords Hua Hin.

Hope this helps.

Ken
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Ken wrote:Hi Pete

It is on the South African satellite channel, SuperSport 1, Saturday, 5pm. In Pattaya, bars such as Jameson's will be showing it live. Very unlikely to be on ABC Asia Pacific in Thailand as ABC encrypted the earlier Tri-Nation matches but worth checking just in case. Randy is correct, it is on at Crawfords Hua Hin.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Thanks to all. Yes, I was in Jameson's last night and it is on there today. ABC Pacific also advertised it would be shown LIVE, but we'll see. Pete :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

All Blacks 13, Oz 9. A defensive war. Some bad passing at the end that cost Australia. Pete
Randy Cornhole
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Randy Cornhole »

Well I decided to stay at home and watch it as it was on ABC Acia Pacific and what happened? After 21 minuets they switched off the signal. F**kin bunch of W***ers... :cuss:
I was so angry nearly kicked the T.V in.
:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:
www.35mmview.com
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Randy Cornhole wrote:Well I decided to stay at home and watch it as it was on ABC Acia Pacific and what happened? After 21 minuets they switched off the signal. F**kin bunch of W***ers... :cuss:
I was so angry nearly kicked the T.V in.
:guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:
That is weird Randy. Over here on Banglamuang Cable (off-shoot of Pattaya cable but further North) they showed the entire thing. I was getting a late start getting to a bar, and by luck turned on the TV and there it was on ABC, so stayed home also. Pete
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

I've lost track. I know Australia beat South Africa last week but understand a poor showing by Australia. What is next? Do they play NZ again for the tri-nation title or is over? Pete :cheers:
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Post by Ken »

Remaining fixtures as follows:-

Saturday, 19 August 2006
New Zealand v Australia, 12:30

Saturday, 26 August 2006
South Africa v New Zealand, 18:00

Saturday, 02 September 2006
South Africa v New Zealand, 18:00

Saturday, 09 September 2006
South Africa v Australia, 18:00
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

There we go, thanks Ken. Pete :cheers:
Ken
Deceased
Deceased

Times

Post by Ken »

All above times were taken from BBC website but on checking again today, I see all the games in South Africa have a 3 pm start, (South African time) which is 8 pm here in Thailand. Best double check nearer the time.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My Oz friend is near suicidal (or at least good for 2 bottles of gin tonight) after today's loss to NZ. Even I thought Australia was going to come away with it....not to be. They played their heart out though with the blood and penalities to prove it. Being a Yank, I'm not up to speed on all the lingo and referee calls but the more I watch the more crystal clear it becomes where American "football" came from. :cheers: Pete