Smorgasborg at Christmas in Hua Hin

Image Image Image Image Forum for discussion in Dansk, Svensk, Norsk og Finsk.
PET
Ace
Ace

Smorgasborg at Christmas in Hua Hin

Post by PET » Tue Nov 22, 2011 6:09 pm

I am sorry to have to ask this question in English but I have had no response from the English Section !!

I would like to go to a (Swedish?) Smorgasbord for lunch or dinner over the Christmas period in Hua Hin.

Can anyone give me some suggestions and probable dates ?

Sorry, replies in English please!
VERAX - What matters in life is not where you are from but where you are going.

lomuamart

Re: Smorgasborg at Christmas in Hua Hin

Post by lomuamart » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:41 pm

I always get mine from the Admiral's Pub/restaurant which is just past the Post Office/CAT office on the same side of the road as you walk towards the beach.
I believe they're Danish owned but have a pretty extensive Smorgasbord (Smeubreu - excuse the spelling for us part time Norwegians) menu.
There's a la carte or set menus. I always order a takeaway on the 22nd and collect on the 24th.
It does get fully booked, especially on the 24th, so if you want to eat in I'd suggest that you book well in advance.

Norseman

Re: Smorgasborg at Christmas in Hua Hin

Post by Norseman » Tue Nov 22, 2011 9:46 pm

I believe your best bet is to contact the Swedish Association in town; http://www.svenskforeningenhuahin.se/

They should know where you can find similar to Smörgåsbord in Hua Hin.
(Smørbrød is by the way the correct spelling in Norwegian lomu).
As I haven't seen Sweden Restaurant, Mårtensson's Taverna or Kajuten Restaurant for a while I don't know if they still exist but maybe some Swedes can let us know.
Other than that you'll find plenty and excellent Danish food in Restaurant Jail-house in Chomsin Road.
Swedish run Prime Steakhouse next to Thipurai Hotel in soi Kanjanomai (who in my opinion, serves the best steaks in town) is maybe able to point you in the right direction.