Police knock bars back to midnight-closing

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
fach3003
Professional
Professional

Re: Police knock bars back to midnight-closing

Post by fach3003 »

we must take a breath, remember why we left our home countries, bite our lip about inconveniences and be grateful to the fact that we are able to enjoy far better lives living in THEIR country than we were in our homeland. Hard at times, but aint nothing the Thai people could do to make me want to return to England

Here Here !!! :D
The only Geordie in sleepy Cha am since 2009 :cheers:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

I have it on good authority (a bar owner) that the bars are back to 2 am opening and have been since Wednesday night I think. :cheers:
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Super Joe »

Don't know about the 2am thing, but the midnight closing restriction was lifted maybe 10 days ago, give or take. Since then have been in the 'karaoke' area a few times until it's light enough to find your way home safely :cheers:

SJ
drew1962
Amateur
Amateur

Post by drew1962 »

hope things are back to normal soon
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

drew, if you read the previous post, you'll see that they are already back to normal :?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

gf rang earlier than usual tonight (Saturday 19th) as police came round to close bars at midnight again and same tomorrow. She said big boss in town tomorrow but not sure if she means police boss or some other bigwig. :banghead:

Man in pub circa 1987.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Pagey wrote:gf rang earlier than usual tonight (Saturday 19th) as police came round to close bars at midnight again and same tomorrow. She said big boss in town tomorrow but not sure if she means police boss or some other bigwig. :banghead:
Did you not ask?
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Super Joe wrote:Don't know about the 2am thing, but the midnight closing restriction was lifted maybe 10 days ago, give or take. Since then have been in the 'karaoke' area a few times until it's light enough to find your way home safely :cheers:

SJ
Home for 6:00 PM then SJ? :laugh:
Fantom
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Fantom »

Maybe this requires a new topic - similar, but not the police,
We were in the bar last night when 5 guys in a sort of uniform (not police or military) came in, walked straight to the girl behind the bar and told her that ALL bars must close at midnight on orders from the governor in Prachuap. I tried questioning them, but none of them spoke any English. 3 Thai customers, including a policeman asked what it was about, and were told the governor had ordered all bars to shut early because they were girly bars or karaoke, playing music far too loud. When the policeman pointed out that this was not a girly bar, and not a karaoke, but we were playing pool and watching the F A cup, they said OK this rule or law? did not apply.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

BaaBaa. wrote:
Super Joe wrote:Don't know about the 2am thing, but the midnight closing restriction was lifted maybe 10 days ago, give or take. Since then have been in the 'karaoke' area a few times until it's light enough to find your way home safely :cheers:

SJ
Home for 6:00 PM then SJ? :laugh:
Nope it's normally 7.00 am :wink:

Kendo. :cheers:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Well if the knock-back is due to loud music I for one are not surprised.
At the 7/11 end if Binta Soi it's been like Pattaya noise-wise since Xmas..the bar I usually frequent had
to turn their music off every night due to pounding Thai dance music from the big speakers facing directly into the soi..as tourists walked inbetween Butterfly Bar & Sukky 2 it was easy to see how they felt by the look on their faces.
The same bars have the tables outside with the usual mixture of Sangsom/soda/ice-bucket,+ girls that are maow sliding up & down their chrome-poles nightly..not a good sight to the HH-tourists!
Imagine if you were a councillor..sent to report on what he/she saw down Binta for the sake of tourism?
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I agree with that !

The 'Pink light' district is not as 'innocent' and 'fragrant' as it used to be. It's all become a bit.........well course!

It always was what it was.....but there was some pretense that it wasn't!

It's more obvious, in your face.....which is not a good thing for those like me like 'the G/F experience'

(sorry not putting this well, blame the vino)
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
andy778
Amateur
Amateur

Post by andy778 »

Fantom wrote:Maybe this requires a new topic - similar, but not the police,
We were in the bar last night when 5 guys in a sort of uniform (not police or military) came in, walked straight to the girl behind the bar and told her that ALL bars must close at midnight on orders from the governor in Prachuap. I tried questioning them, but none of them spoke any English. 3 Thai customers, including a policeman asked what it was about, and were told the governor had ordered all bars to shut early because they were girly bars or karaoke, playing music far too loud. When the policeman pointed out that this was not a girly bar, and not a karaoke, but we were playing pool and watching the F A cup, they said OK this rule or law? did not apply.
Thats right, they know that both the police and tourist-police are getting paid, so I guess they

think they deserve some as well. I`ve been told there has been a couple of meetings during the

past week, and now its lights out at midnight and doors closed at 1 AM.

Somebody needs a new computer etc..
Johan
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Johan »

What time it will close today ? Any idea ?
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Johan : 'What time it will close today ? Any idea ?'

After your bedtime young man :cheers:

Man in pub circa 1987.