Leaving a bar

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Re: Leaving a bar

Post by BaaBaa. »

GLCQuantum wrote:
while the girls in Hull also have a well known tarrif, one small doner kebab and a diet coke.
Most of me family are from Hull (not me - I'm a Southerner) and not one of them had the decency to tell me this during my teen years. I shall be having strong words with my dad soon... *dials number*

:D
I heard it was a large doner and full fat coke. :laugh:
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

Funnily enough the 'Tower' has just undergone another revamp and opened as another night club.................
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
Traveljack
Novice
Novice

Post by Traveljack »

Paying a barfine is common, but it is in fact illegal. If you and your girlfriend don't want to pay.... if she's nice enough take the chance. It might be that the owner considers to send some "friends" after you, but in fact there is not much what he/she can do.
But then you leave with the intention never to go back to that bar....
Mind you that your girl has to change her phone number, as she will be harassed by the owner...
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Welcome to the forum, Traveljack. :cheers:

If ever I feel the need to have my legs broken, I'll come straight to you for advice! :laugh:
This is the way
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Traveljack,

What is technically legal or illegal in Thailand should not be your driving concern. It's what happens in practice that matters.

Thailand's statute book is chock full of laws, many of them unobserved, and they sometimes even pass a law a second time, just for good measure..

If you march out of a bar with a girl saying 'barfines are illegal, I know my rights etc. etc...' - then you are putting a big sign round your neck that says 'beat me up' - in Thai..

And if you get a reputation for antics like that, it will happen - or worse.

Rule #1 in Thailand is: 'Don't be an idiot'
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
sam123
Amateur
Amateur

Post by sam123 »

The view I took, when presented with this option, was that if a girl wishes to cease "employment" with an establishment, then she's quite free to do so. The Western BF is of no relevance, technically.

In my case, with a lady in Bangkok who worked in the Japanese soi, (Soy Thaniya), she nor the Kayaoke owner (who was her maternal uncle anyway) never even requested any amount from me. Later on of course, then it was another matter - money will tend to go very quickly indeed. I thought I was was earning a lot of money when I came to live in Thailand but in a few short weeks, it was all going on my girl. I realised the situation that I was living the high-life and then and I got out of the relationship and back to reality. I hope that is helpful, and that I don't offend you in any way. A normal Thai girl is better. There are many nice ones.

So, sorry to digress, to answer your questions, if she wants to leave the bar, and she's sincere about doing it, then she can do so. That's the end of the story. If she wants you to pay the bar owner, then it is so that she can go back to return to work there, after your relationship terminates. I don't want to say anything too direct OP, to offend you, but are you doing the right thing?
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I arrived here recently after several years in Pattaya. I was anxious for female company and went to the best place to find it, the large shopping center. Within 20min I made a date with a girl in the hardware store on 2nd floor. I keep away from bargirls.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Yes

A lot of BG's give up the bar life and go and work in the shopping malls
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

Ho hum..

There is a certain breed of farang, who, after years spent crawling round every bar in the Kingdom, settles down with a girl and then tries to re-invent his life history.
after several years in Pattaya
- Of all the cities in all the world, now what made you choose that one..???
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Traveljack
Novice
Novice

Post by Traveljack »

Ok, it probably depends on where you go. I happen to know three cases, that the girl not came back to the bar and stayed with the farang. Never payed the "barfine" - about 10.000 baht. Maybe they were lucky, maybe they lied about it.... it's just what I heard and the barowner didn't want or couldn't do anything...
It happened in Hua Hin. Maybe here the violance rate is not yet so high like BKK or Pattaya...
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Pattaya had many advantages, my choice was made for me by my employer. it is going thru some disturbing times and the crime rate is a real worry. It used to be, be careful, get home before midnight etc but it is more random now.
obiwan
Rookie
Rookie

Post by obiwan »

Thats good going 20 mins. I will see if i can beat ot in b and q next time in
SonofaDragon
Novice
Novice

Post by SonofaDragon »

I was in Hua Hin in September and December 2012. Met a girl at Tropical Massage and wanted to spend the week with her.

Had to pay 900 Baht bar fee! That seemed a bit steep, in Bangkok I payed 300 Baht. They told me the bar owner raised the bar fee, because some Russian guys took out all the ladies for some evenings on a row, leaving the massage parlor empty. The rates for the bar fees now where:
take the lady out before 18.00 - 900 Baht;
18.00 - 23.00 - 600 baht;
after 23.00 - 300 baht

Of course I had to pay the girl as well.

Second time around the girl told me she got 300 baht of the bar fee. Had I known that I would have payed her 300 baht less every day.

Some how I feel I have been had (although I agreed myself ofcourse to pay the 900, because she was a nice girl :P).
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Men are stupid. A woman exhibits an attitude that we really like, easy sex with perhaps a payment free .What do we do? We call her rude names for it--Prostitute, hooker, whore,slut.
We should show them that we approve of this behavior, that we admire them, that we wish more women had an easy attitude towards casual sex.

I call them BAR PRINCESSES
ridgeydidge.au

Post by ridgeydidge.au »

"I call them BAR PRINCESSES"
you make a very good point! well said