[ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] Souay Vista Social Club

Post by JW »

This is second hand so dont hold me to it. Paul is in Japan at the moment, SV is open but not every night, Jams are happening occasionally. I hope Paul comes back soon, his energy and passion are second to non and SV is a great place to see excellent musicians. :)
cock
Amateur
Amateur

Post by cock »

Hi,

Live at soi 94 (just off the gym) a month during winter time and have never heard of this club. It should be just 100 meters after the right turn at the "end" of 94 as I had a quick lock at the map.

Anything happening at the moment?

Will be down within a month and need to check this up according to all positive comments!!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've not been in there yet, but drive past occasionally. The best I can say is that it seems to open some nights - other nights it is left locked up, and in darkness.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
Onlychaam
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Onlychaam »

I was there last night (Friday night) with friends, we drove all the way from Cha-am especially for that (and the crepes at Crepes & Co). The place was deserted, no music, noone at all except "Kong" the bartender who was very apologetic and explained that the musicians couldn't make it. He gave us his phone number so that we could check beforehand whether the pub is opened or not, if we plan to go again. I doubt I will bother again! It was a Friday night and I don't like the concept where you have to phone ahead to know if a gig is on.

Anyway, we had delicious crepes and we ended up in soi Binatabat, it was a great night overall.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Sv will hopefully get going again, have enjoyed some top nights there with some very talented musicians... hope to see it back soon :)
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

NOW HEAR YE, HEAR YE, HEAR YE!!!

JOYOUS TIDINGS!! HAPPY NEWS!! PERFECTION REGAINED IN THE PARADISE!!1!

His Musically Divine Genius Paul is again infesting Hua Hin with his presence, Culture has returned to HH! Ad hoc and extempore Jam sessions continue in Souay Vista with vengeance.

The word in my front porch is that there'll be one helluva session next Friday with something old, something new, something blues and everything exiting. Be there or be rectangular!

Since you just can not wait until Friday, visit Souay Vista any evening. Chances are there'll be great music and great crowd.
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Does anyone have a phone number?

I also live in Cha Am, so would like to call before coming.

Thanks
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

The number I have for Paul is: 08 6002 9368. Good idea to call beforehand!
"There's no plausible or convincing reason, certainly no evidential one, to believe that there is such an entity (= deity) and that all observable phenomena, including the cosmological ones... are explicable without the hypothesis; you don't need the assumption."
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Great news
:-)
Winkie
Guru
Guru

Post by Winkie »

Farang wrote:The number I have for Paul is: 08 6002 9368. Good idea to call beforehand!
Thank you
Only the crumbliest, flakiest Winkie....
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

So which is it Farang ?

Turn up as there will be great music and a great crowd or ring beforehand as maybe only the barman ?

Not a way to run a successful business and get repeat customers.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by JW »

Nothing wrong with calling to see whats happening :)
Farang
Ace
Ace

Post by Farang »

Pagey wrote:So which is it Farang ?

Turn up as there will be great music and a great crowd or ring beforehand as maybe only the barman ?

Not a way to run a successful business and get repeat customers.
I am not a prophet, so I do not know which way it is going to be. Therefore it
might be a good idea to phone beforehand to check which way it is.
If you insist of not phoning, just turn up, or not. Your choice.

Nor do I run the business, so I do not comment.
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Souay Vista »

Hi Folks, This is Paul here from Souay Vista. This is to let you know that I'm back, and we are still rockin'.
We have some Blues going on -- Friday night jam session, as well as on Tuesdays. This Tuesday (Christmas Day) we will be having Kurt Tulikallio ("Doctor Blues") as our main feature. He was featured last Tuesday and it was a very entertaining evening. Someone referred to him as being "the real deal" - and that he is!! He has a terrific charm and 'joi de vivre' (joy of life) both on and offstage. And what a guitar player!! Check him out.
Of course we have Eddi with us, as always. He thinks we are the best venue in HH! (He's right!) He plays on Wednesday and Thursday evenings. (And every 2nd Sunday)

On this Sunday evening we have a young couple - a woman singing with her partner playing a superb (!) acoustic guitar to accompany her. They are terrific!
Come tonight for the jam, or tomorrow for some potluck, but for sure come on Tuesday and we'll.."have a Blue, Blue Blue Christmas..."
It'll be fun!! See you then! Drop in any time-always something happening.

Happy Christmas everyone!

Paul
Souay Vista
Rookie
Rookie

Souay Vista Social Club

Post by Souay Vista »

Last night (Friday) at the club was quite special -- we had 3 wonderful female singers! It was supposed to be the blues jam night, but as it turned out there was not much blues. Our young singers all had quite a different background and repertoire.

The first of these was Aiesha, 14, playing and singing with her guitar. She did several contemporary pop songs none of which I was familiar with, including one of her own. Each of these songs was delivered with grace and authority. She
has a sense of what her style is and she puts it out with feeling and passion.

She was joined by Fa, 22, -- and what an outstanding voice! And what charm! She and Aiesha knew several of the same songs, so Aiesha accompanied while Fa sang. Preciously she has sung only with karaoke, and this was her first time playing with live accompaniment. Some of the songs I did not know -- the main song from 'Titanic' = 'My Heart Will Go On' was wonderful. We will have her back very soon to sing with a live band -- possibly even as soon as this Sunday to play with Wild Wild West and Eddi.
They will love her! You will love her!

The evening closed with the littlest star of the evening -- Kaela, age 9. What a voice! And what a performer! She did a rendering of 'Hallaluja' that easily matched what kd lang did with the same song. -- I kid you not!! She did also wonderful performances of 'Don't Cry For Me Argentina' and 'Someone Like You' and several more. Full of feeling! Her voice is strong and dramatic and
she has a maturity in her interpretations that is well beyond her years.

The only flaw in all of this was me floundering about on the guitar, trying to fit in reasonable accompaniments to some of these. There's a bit of a generation/ cultural gap I'm afraid, and some of these songs I'd never heard before... But, hey, it's a jam session, right?

You people who did not come last night missed something special! So don't screw up again!!
We will post here a notification when we know they will be back.

Tonight we have no band - only myself and Freddy and whoever else joins with...

Don't forget tomorrow (Sunday) evening we'll have 'Wild Wild West' A very tight band! Eddi will join them. Maybe Fa as well....

See you all soon

Happy New Year to you all!!

Paul @ Souay Vista