Binta Block Red Light District or Bar District

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Binta Block Red Light District or Bar District

Post by richard »

kendo wrote:I am surprised they can get away with keep cranking the volume,

Kendo. :cheers:
Called money or tea money :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

richard wrote:
kendo wrote:I am surprised they can get away with keep cranking the volume,

Called money or tea money :cheers:
Or pool table tax (even if you don't have one) sure but they will get there fill anyway loud or not a tax is a tax. :laugh:

Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Just back in the UK after a hectic 3 weeks in town :mrgreen: TR to follow.
The lower end of Binta is still very loud music wise, Butterfry being the main culprit, supported ably by Mamma Mia, Suky, Lucky Lukes2 etc
The top end seems to have been taken over by couples people watching, especially Heaven,Tina, even Red,Toro and Pink Panther.

There seems to be a small new bar opposite Toro, PK Kitchen? didn't seem to sell food though.

I heard from what I consider a reliable source, that El Murphys is available for 10 million baht. :shock:

Finally, if any BMs want to make a small fortune by owning a bar (yes I know :laugh: ) Papillon (still) Cheers and Pussycats bars are advertised as being for sale, I wouldn't be surprised if Stevie Gs didn't stay the course either.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Find a bar that is not for sale
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

Papillon has been for sale for over a year, a farang got stung, in more ways than one, and the Thai land lord wanted the rooms above so no accommodation, :roll:
Is Bangkok a place or a nasty injury.......Eric Morcombe.

Proud to be a Southampton FC Fan.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

What Gus wrote is about right..One end of Binta is now just 'banging' music, run by girls who are almost just out to party each night..(and seem to survive in this town for food,rent,motorcycle-payments etc without any customers coming in..??) It's kinda law-less there now..more like 'Dodge City' than 'Paradise City' .. :guns:
Then we have the opposite end, and opposite atmosphere..the lower end is where the bar-owners seem to be sensible enuf to realise nightly bums-on-seats = money made.. :cheers: :thumb:
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

usual suspect wrote:What Gus wrote is about right..One end of Binta is now just 'banging' music, run by girls who are almost just out to party each night..(and seem to survive in this town for food,rent,motorcycle-payments etc without any customers coming in..??) It's kinda law-less there now..more like 'Dodge City' than 'Paradise City' .. :guns:
Then we have the opposite end, and opposite atmosphere..the lower end is where the bar-owners seem to be sensible enuf to realise nightly bums-on-seats = money made.. :cheers: :thumb:

Even if the blasting music gets the bums on seats! Which it does somehow. Horses for courses US. Mind you anyone looking at buying now on the other side of the soi should maybe be careful?
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

Many of the girls do not appear interested in being bar fined nowadays, but many of them seem to have a bottle of Sangsom or similar on the 'staff' table, so I guess someone looks after them.:)

Papillon had a nice party the other night, also next day there was a bunch of locals removing a large electrial unit of some sort from upstairs, whatever it was it looked hard work.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Yesterday Bar-owners were summoned to a meeting at the Amphur to address the issue of Bars playing their music to loud, thus making the HH nightlife-area unpleasant to tourists. 8)
This meeting was two & a half hours long! Out of 100 bars on the Amphur's 'invited' list 60 managed to turn up. But what good did that long drawn-out meeting do?? :?
Absolutely none! The same bars were STILL cranking up their big speakers that face out onto the street, the 'Live music' bars in Binta & Poolsuk STILL deafened customers in nearby bars..
(Maybe I need to stay at home with cat on lap & mug of hot chocolate in the evenings now?)
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

(Maybe I need to stay at home with cat on lap & mug of hot chocolate in the evenings now?)
I highly recommend that but I substitute the missus on lap instead of the cat and a nice glass of wine or single malt scotch instead of the mug of hot chocolate. :D
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

usual suspect wrote:Yesterday Bar-owners were summoned to a meeting at the Amphur to address the issue of Bars playing their music to loud, thus making the HH nightlife-area unpleasant to tourists. 8)
This meeting was two & a half hours long! Out of 100 bars on the Amphur's 'invited' list 60 managed to turn up. But what good did that long drawn-out meeting do?? :?
Absolutely none! The same bars were STILL cranking up their big speakers that face out onto the street, the 'Live music' bars in Binta & Poolsuk STILL deafened customers in nearby bars..

Apparently the Tuk Tuk drivers were summoned too but just as do the drivers of Black Mens Willies (BMW's) in London they ignore the police and all around and blast away. My regular TT driver was so proud to display his new disco on wheels which included mega base, shrill treble and a light show to boot :banghead: Annoyed everyone walking down the street and didn't turn it down until we hit Binta :(
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by margaretcarnes »

Richard you must be getting old! Those TukTuk disco light shows on wheels are cool!

We could certainly do with a few of them round these parts anyroad....
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
Ropes

Post by Ropes »

I'm with Gus on this one as the girls seem to park themselves outside the bars and shout welcome between shots. If you do happen to venture into the bar the girls just stay outside and carry on drinking and think the punter is inside drinking and her job is done.
I prefer Soi 80 these days as the noise doesn't seem quite so bad and the prices a bit keener ( Not happy hour and 40 baht for Sang Som and Coke) plus the girls seem a bit friendlier.