Very Late Night Entertainment

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
SPONSORS: Rhino Pool Tables : Thailand Pool Tables
User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by aragon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:06 am

Rumour has it that there are certain night spots in HH which stay open well past the bewitching midnight hour and on even until 3 or 4 in the morning, I for one am not interested in being out anywhere near that late (or early, depending on how you look at it), but as I will be having younger members of the family over on visits with far more stamina than I, was just wondeering if anyone knows where these places are.
:party: :cheers: :cheers:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......

User avatar
HHADFan
Professional
Professional
Posts: 354
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2005 4:11 am
Location: Parched and Dry

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by HHADFan » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:20 am

I haven't been down there for a year and a half or so, but the bars/karaokes by the Hilton used to be open all night. I saw a couple of bleary sunrises from there. There was a Thai karaoke on the klong road that was open until 5 AM.
"We're all living proof nothing lasts" - Jay Farrar

User avatar
dtaai-maai
Addict
Addict
Posts: 9802
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:00 pm
Location: Hua Hin

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by dtaai-maai » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:29 am

To save us going over it all again, there's a recent thread called "Late night drinking spots" that should tell you all you need to know.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20191
Cry ‘God for Harry, England, and St George!’

Dr Michael
Specialist
Specialist
Posts: 109
Joined: Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:52 pm

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by Dr Michael » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:32 am

Having watched victims come to ERs in Thai hospitals for several years--here is my rule.

The later it is, the more dangerous it is.

There are exceptions but generally most of the serious assaults come after 1am.

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by aragon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:35 am

dtaai-maai wrote:To save us going over it all again, there's a recent thread called "Late night drinking spots" that should tell you all you need to know.
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=20191
Thanks DM, should have checked the forum more thoroughly for earlier posts. :oops:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by aragon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:37 am

Dr Michael wrote:Having watched victims come to ERs in Thai hospitals for several years--here is my rule.

The later it is, the more dangerous it is.

There are exceptions but generally most of the serious assaults come after 1am.
Valid point Dr. M, I'll have to make sure the visitors are suitably warned and prepared. :thumb:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......

User avatar
richard
Deceased
Deceased
Posts: 8805
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:59 pm
Location: Wherever I am today

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by richard » Mon Mar 26, 2012 1:46 pm

aragon wrote:
Dr Michael wrote:Having watched victims come to ERs in Thai hospitals for several years--here is my rule.

The later it is, the more dangerous it is.

There are exceptions but generally most of the serious assaults come after 1am.
Valid point Dr. M, I'll have to make sure the visitors are suitably warned and prepared. :thumb:
Send Galdolf, Gimli et al LOTR with them for protection :laugh:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by aragon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 2:43 pm

richard wrote:
aragon wrote:
Dr Michael wrote:Having watched victims come to ERs in Thai hospitals for several years--here is my rule.

The later it is, the more dangerous it is.

There are exceptions but generally most of the serious assaults come after 1am.
Valid point Dr. M, I'll have to make sure the visitors are suitably warned and prepared. :thumb:
Send Galdolf, Gimli et al LOTR with them for protection :laugh:
I think we can leave Gandolf et al to the task of saving the poor little Hobbits, some of the younger members of my tribe are scarier than Sauron anyway, so the Thais might have to watch out for themselves.
:sfight: :cheers: :guns: :alien:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......

User avatar
richard
Deceased
Deceased
Posts: 8805
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:59 pm
Location: Wherever I am today

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by richard » Mon Mar 26, 2012 3:09 pm

Aragon please don't prove to be Arogant


PLEASE take care and advise younger members of your tribe no matter how streetwise, fit, black belted a farang they may be, they are in the Thais jungle and CANNOT win under any circumstances. I do not joke. Seen too many tragedies here in Thailand where a farang thinks he/she knows but loses out. Surf the forum and find out if you don't believe me

BTW katoeys are orcs in disguise anyway and you will never be able to suss a good made up katoey

Sauron was defeated by a few hobbits and elves anyway :laugh:

I jest not though. Lost a few friends cos they bucked the Thais and then the police. The police protect Thais not us
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.

User avatar
aragon
Professional
Professional
Posts: 439
Joined: Fri Mar 16, 2012 4:12 pm
Location: The (Not So) Magic Kingdom

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by aragon » Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:52 pm

richard wrote:Aragon please don't prove to be Arogant


PLEASE take care and advise younger members of your tribe no matter how streetwise, fit, black belted a farang they may be, they are in the Thais jungle and CANNOT win under any circumstances. I do not joke. Seen too many tragedies here in Thailand where a farang thinks he/she knows but loses out. Surf the forum and find out if you don't believe me

BTW katoeys are orcs in disguise anyway and you will never be able to suss a good made up katoey

Sauron was defeated by a few hobbits and elves anyway :laugh:

I jest not though. Lost a few friends cos they bucked the Thais and then the police. The police protect Thais not us
Arrogant, no anything but, as you would know if you knew me at all.........good looking, suave, debonair.........no, none of those either, just plain old me. I am however a Virgo and thus couldn't help but pick up on your slight typo, unfortunately one of those maddening Virgo type things that my wife is always reminding me are so annoying, but try as I may.......but I will try harder in future :wink:

The tribe comment was made tongue in cheek and obviously didn't go over very well, I have spent enough time overseas in various locations, some very nice and some extremely unpleasant, to know that you can never take things for granted. Although I have never lived in LOS I first visited back in '80 and have been back numerous times since, plus I know several people who do live there and have surfed this forum quite extensively, so have a reasonable appreciation of the lie of the land there, especially when it comes to dealing with the law. However, appreciate the advice which is well noted.
:cheers:
“He has all the virtues I dislike and none of the vices I admire.” Sir Winston Churchill

Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, it's more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today, might burn your ass tomorrow......

User avatar
richard
Deceased
Deceased
Posts: 8805
Joined: Tue Feb 18, 2003 1:59 pm
Location: Wherever I am today

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by richard » Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:31 pm

:bow: :bow: :bow:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.

User avatar
hhfarang
Hero
Hero
Posts: 10918
Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2004 1:27 am
Location: North Carolina

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by hhfarang » Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:14 pm

I really don't understand this logic. In my youth I was probably wilder and took more chances than most of you and I never had a reason to stay up past 1 or 2 a.m. If I wasn't blotto drunk by that point or laid then there was no use continuing. Why in hell do people want to stay up and party all night until sunrise?

Again, if you haven't found what you're looking for by 2 a.m. then give it up and go to bed! :roll:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?

User avatar
Lung Per
Legend
Legend
Posts: 2236
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 12:03 am

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by Lung Per » Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:24 pm

hhfarang wrote:I really don't understand this logic. In my youth I was probably wilder and took more chances than most of you and I never had a reason to stay up past 1 or 2 a.m. If I wasn't blotto drunk by that point or laid then there was no use continuing. Why in hell do people want to stay up and party all night until sunrise?

Again, if you haven't found what you're looking for by 2 a.m. then give it up and go to bed! :roll:
A Big AMEN to that!
:cheers: :cheers: :agree:
A friend is only one click away

User avatar
Super Joe
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4943
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2006 1:43 pm

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by Super Joe » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:21 am

hhfarang wrote:I really don't understand this logic. If I wasn't blotto drunk by that point or laid then there was no use continuing. Again, if you haven't found what you're looking for by 2 a.m. then give it up and go to bed! :roll:
I think it's a case of staying out because you have found what you're looking for... and you certainly wouldn't wanna be letting something like getting laid disrupt a good night out :laugh: I think nights out started changing a bit in the 80's HHF, at least imo, and started getting stretched later and later. Nowadays imo a night out doesn't begin to get going until 11-midnight then peaks at 2-4am, but that's just cos i'm getting old now.

In my youth I was probably wilder and took more chances than most of you and I never had a reason to stay up past 1 or 2 a.m.
To draw a sport-related analogy... you would be the footballer given the first half of every match, only to be replaced at half-time before the game really hots up in the more frantic second-half. I'm sure you gave your all though in your bit-part roles :wink:

Why in hell do people want to stay up and party all night until sunrise?
Funny you should mention 'sunrise', in my youth nights/days out were 'sunrise' by name and 'sunrise' by nature :shock: :laugh:

:cheers:
SJ

User avatar
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star
Posts: 4222
Joined: Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:28 am
Location: The Rhubarb Triangle

Re: Very Late Night Entertainment

Post by margaretcarnes » Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:41 am

hhfarang wrote:I really don't understand this logic. In my youth I was probably wilder and took more chances than most of you and I never had a reason to stay up past 1 or 2 a.m. If I wasn't blotto drunk by that point or laid then there was no use continuing. Why in hell do people want to stay up and party all night until sunrise?

Again, if you haven't found what you're looking for by 2 a.m. then give it up and go to bed! :roll:
Tmes have changed because people no longer have to get up early to go to work! (They don't have jobs to go to anymore.)
Ok yes I'm peed off due to a LibDem hash of a budget and of course people on holiday don't have clocks as we all know, so a pinch of salt is required. Better out than in. :roll:
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests