Early closing for bars in Hua Hin

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Early closing for bars in Hua Hin

Post by blue05 »

the BIB closed down town at midnight last night and word is it will stay that way for a few weeks. I asked a few bar owners and was met with the usual shrug of the shoulders

We obviously know the reason why the crackdown took place but does anyone know if it will last for the duration of the stay?
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: A few quiet nights ahead?

Post by richard »

It was expected and it has happened before. How long for who knows but my guess is due to the circumstances tightening up will continue for longer than usual this time
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Re: A few quiet nights ahead?

Post by STEVE G »

I'm out for a few weeks from next weekend so it might be a lighter break than usual then!
PeteC

Re: Early closing for bars in Hua Hin

Post by PeteC »

How about the places further away from central. I think I see many talking about soi 80...isn't that out of the way? Pete :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Soi 80 seems to be attracting the same rules as the Binta block. Could well be because many of the houses there on the right hand side going up 80 are owned by senior police/army officials
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

Apart from the obvious reason that the king is here now, the MIB could be doing their usual thrice-yearly stunt of unexpected 12.00 knock-backs...followed 1 week later by an increase in their 'tea money' for us to stay open till 2am again.. :cuss:
(Kinda reminds me of Mad Max 3- Thunderdome when at the slightest tiff or disagreement a power 'embargo' would hit Barter-Town, :tsk: then after some grovelling :bow: up came the power again :P ) T.I.T.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I heard a rumour from afar that it will continue until a few influential hangers-on return to Bangkok.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

seemed to be back to normal last night certainly on 80 it was open until 2am
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Tough to understand why the activities on Soi Bints-for-baht is OK before midnight but unacceptable after midnight---Is is something to do with all the Cinderellas having to go home when the Ball is over..
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

An MIB excuse to jack up tea money because of a special event. By law the bars should be shut at 12. After that is dependent on tea money
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

one theory is that the many many thai families who have condos in HH and never use them is because the Royals do not come to HH. if that is true then the weekend traffic will increase and it will be good for a few thai favored restaurants.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

oakdale160 wrote:one theory is that the many many thai families who have condos in HH and never use them is because the Royals do not come to HH. if that is true then the weekend traffic will increase and it will be good for a few thai favored restaurants.
I do not think that is true, just go to Cha Am at the weekends and you will see the condos are very much in use.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I was talking about HH where there are condo blocks with less than10% occupancy most w'ends
fft100
Professional
Professional

Post by fft100 »

heard the karaoke area was closed last night (or at least after 2am ish). true ?
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

fft100 wrote:heard the karaoke area was closed last night (or at least after 2am ish). true ?
2.20 Cat Bar was closed down, then headed along 80 and dragon and dang bar were still open past 3 am??? u never know