Big fire down Soi Bintabaat

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
wpcoe
Professional
Professional

Re: Big fire down Soi Bintabaat

Post by wpcoe »

Korkenzieher wrote:Since 2007, tourism numbers to Thailand are officially higher and Hua Hin is allegedly regularly booked out. However, it is pretty clear to anybody who cares to look, that most of this is due to internal Thai tourism, and increase in Asian visitors in general. What is also pretty clear, is that those new types of tourists don't seem to be attracted by bars and restaurants that are, fundamentally, designed for people with European tastes.
Another group that is starting to arrive in Hua Hin are the Russians -- younger families with children who are not so much interested in bars, Western or not, with or without rental ladies. It's nowhere to the level of Pattaya/Jomtien yet, but the Russians are definitely taking notice of Hua Hin.
MrPlum
Banned
Banned

Post by MrPlum »

A few nights ago 10 Thai men were brought in by a massage shop, on Poolsuk Road, to teach another shop a lesson. I'm not sure what the problem was but there are a lot of massage shops clustered together. Competition for customers must cause tensions.

It is not a plug but I quite like the 'Click' bar. There are no bar girls, it has a quality pool table, the Hookah pipes are novel and later in the evening it seems to capture enough trade to make money. Hardly surprising when the cost of a bottle of water is 60 thb.

Around the corner is Atlantis bar and you can see a lot of money has been spent on it. It looks smart but suffers for lack of customers. I'm not sure I can put my finger on the cause but the staff there look po-faced and disinterested. I also don't like ladyboys and avoid any venue that has them.

Then there are the real tawdry places I wouldn't dare set foot in. The Euro Bar ladies are older than my granny. Tropical Massage should have a clinic next door and sitting there, while fish nibble my corns, is a novelty that belongs in an amusement park.

I'm a relative newcomer to that area so hopefully still see it through fresh eyes and I think with Hua Hin being considered the new Cannes, it will become too high priced for most bars to survive.

Perhaps the best strategy is not to renovate the burned buildings but burn the rest down. :idea:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

I think Mr Plum has stumbled on to something-- many bars are almost empty and are unprofitable.
HH forum should carry out a weekly survey of empty unprofitable bars and then after a forum-wide vote, one bar a week will be burnt down until all the remaining bars are full of happy punters and are profitable.
Dr Mike
Guru
Guru

Post by Dr Mike »

So you are looking nominations for BBBBs Bintabaat bars best burnt.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Around the corner is Atlantis bar and you can see a lot of money has been spent on it. It looks smart but suffers for lack of customers.
I was in there a few weeks ago; they had a party night with a promotion on bottles of Smirnoff vodka, dancing girls, the place was full with more of a western night club atmosphere than a Thai bar. I walked past about a week later and without the party they didn't have a single customer.
Gus
Guru
Guru

Post by Gus »

"So you are looking nominations for BBBBs Bintabaat bars best burnt".

Maybe there are some bar owners who would gladly add another 'B' to that list. :-)
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Any signs of re building?
AND I've just invented a new word to describe the bar girl business.

They are in the Whore-spitality industry.