Getting around after dark?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
pe7e

Getting around after dark?

Post by pe7e »

I've read most of the recent posts in the motoring and transport section of the forum, but I can't find the specific info I seek. It would appear from what I've read, the baht busses stop around 8pm, so what are the options after that. If you want to return to your accommodation in the early hours, what's available at a sensible price? As ever, all replies, advice ect are appreciated.
Big Boy

Re: Getting around after dark?

Post by Big Boy »

Where are you going?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

Nowhere specific, but in all probability somewhere within a 1 - 2km radius of the entertainment centre
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Walk :?

Seriously, if you're looking for cheap at that distance, there are always motorbike taxis (if you can still sit upright). Else it's a Tuk Tuk.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

Yes, I was afraid they would be the only choices, I think the 10bt 24/7 songtows in Pattaya have spoiled me. The tuk tuk prices I've seen mentioned seem a bit of a rip off, and I'm not too keen on motorbike taxis after one nearly put me in hospital with his crazy riding. As for walking, I've yet to come across a BG who knows how to, 50M seems to be their limit. :laugh:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

Take tuk tuks a couple of times. When you find an agreeable guy who does not rip you off take his tel number. They love this, to have regulars. Call him when you need him, if he is not available he will send a friend with instructions to treat you well.
But in general you will learn that there is nothing in hh worth staying out after midnight for. And just about all the nasty stuff is after MN.
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

Good idea that, it hadn't occurred to me to get a regular driver, although it probably would have in time. Since as I'm a single guy and likely to be out on the town several times a week, it would make sense to get accommodation within the city centre, any suggestions regarding that?
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

pe7e wrote:Good idea that, it hadn't occurred to me to get a regular driver, although it probably would have in time. Since as I'm a single guy and likely to be out on the town several times a week, it would make sense to get accommodation within the city centre, any suggestions regarding that?
See above. And do go home before midnight.

:cheers:
A friend is only one click away
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

Lung Per wrote: See above. And do go home before midnight.

:cheers:
That's one bit of advice I doubt I'll be taking very often, but one never knows what lies round the corner. :laugh:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

pe7e wrote:Good idea that, it hadn't occurred to me to get a regular driver, although it probably would have in time. Since as I'm a single guy and likely to be out on the town several times a week, it would make sense to get accommodation within the city centre, any suggestions regarding that?
There are many mid-priced hotels in the city centre, but the place that gets most favourable reports on price, staff friendliness, location, girl friendly etc, is Jings.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

pe7e wrote:The tuk tuk prices I've seen mentioned seem a bit of a rip off
As for walking, I've yet to come across a BG who knows how to, 50M seems to be their limit. :laugh:
100-150bt for a tuktuk at the end of the night is hardly going to break the bank compared to the rest of your plans for the evening!
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

Dannie Boy wrote: There are many mid-priced hotels in the city centre, but the place that gets most favourable reports on price, staff friendliness, location, girl friendly etc, is Jings.
I spotted Jings in another HHAD forum post yesterday, it looks to be good value, I've actually emailed them this morning for more info, and am awaiting their reply. Thanks for the tip anyway
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

Pleng wrote: 100-150bt for a tuktuk at the end of the night is hardly going to break the bank compared to the rest of your plans for the evening!
Well yes, you are absolutely correct, it won't break the bank, and I will inevitably use them, since I don't want to walk that far in the early hours of the morning. I just have an aversion to being screwed over, an air con taxi in BKK works out around 5x cheaper per mile. :cheers:
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

And jinks is only a 5 min stagger from SoiBb
pe7e

Post by pe7e »

oakdale160 wrote:And jinks is only a 5 min stagger from SoiBb
I've just got a reply back from Jings, and they do offer a decent 'long stay' rate considering it includes electricity and water charges (I do like my air con) so it looks like I've found my future accommodation. Thanks for all the suggestions chaps.