Soi 80 bar map

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: Soi 80 bar map

Post by hhfarang »

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

Here is the corrected map (click for large version):
soi80.jpg
Please post updates here and we'll amend the map as we go to keep it up to date. Thanks.
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

there is now a bar called Secrets that is opposite Whitehouse and Mona Bar opened last Friday
GLCQuantum
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by GLCQuantum »

It's incredible really just how many bars are down there now. When I was around, all that was there was 'Dick's Office'.

I think we, as Westerners, can all give ourselves a good pat on the back for turning a normal soi into a bar/brothel/red light area... :D

You see... there are somethings that us lowly foreigners CAN achieve here! Jolly good show chaps! :wink:

:cheers:
JJSports
Novice
Novice

Post by JJSports »

Should add that Laila (behind Hua Hin Chopper) is a Guest House so accommodation (with food and a bar also ... )

Good work though Guys! cheers!
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

JJ, please contact us for an advertorial, they are less than 17 baht per day (your avatar has been removed).

Soi 80 map updated.
soi80.jpg
max51

Post by max51 »

Not a question about bars, but i remember reading somewhere on the forum that there was a barbers in Soi 80. I think I might have seen one on my first wander down there a couple of weeks ago. I went back on Monday to get a haircut and couldn't find it. There were a couple of ladies hair salons near the railway end but when I asked if they could cut my hair they said no. Mentioned it to Thai barman last night and he said it was to do with Thai custom and respect. It would be disrespectful for a lady to touch my head.
Is there a barbers on Soi 80? If so which bar would it be opposite? It might have been shuttered up when I went past on Monday morning. I will be there again on Sunday morning. If there is no barber there, are there any around that area? I have walked around and not seen any.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

max51 wrote:Not a question about bars, but i remember reading somewhere on the forum that there was a barbers in Soi 80. I think I might have seen one on my first wander down there a couple of weeks ago. I went back on Monday to get a haircut and couldn't find it. There were a couple of ladies hair salons near the railway end but when I asked if they could cut my hair they said no. Mentioned it to Thai barman last night and he said it was to do with Thai custom and respect. It would be disrespectful for a lady to touch my head.
Is there a barbers on Soi 80? If so which bar would it be opposite? It might have been shuttered up when I went past on Monday morning. I will be there again on Sunday morning. If there is no barber there, are there any around that area? I have walked around and not seen any.
I can't believe that it's considered disrespectful for a woman to touch your head - there are numerous barbers that have women hairdressers that cut men's hair. I go to one on Chomsin road Soi 70, it's on the RHS going up from the lights, just after the turning to the left into Sra Song Road that leads to the market.
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Hair salon above Check In bar at East End of soi 80
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
max51

Post by max51 »

OK thanks. I have to go to the ENT clinic on Soi 55/1 on Sunday morning. If it's like last time I went I'll have to wait 3 hours after putting my name on list before I'm seen, so I'll see if either of those places is open for a haircut while I'm waiting.
Bitje
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Bitje »

That map is very helpfull. Can't wait to check some of the bars within a few months :P
chopper666
Rookie
Rookie

Post by chopper666 »

I heard from friend that bars from poonsuk road are moving to the soi 80 in next 2 years and reason is poon suk´s temple. Is this just speculation or is there little truth inside rumor?

chopper
blue05
Guru
Guru

Post by blue05 »

chopper666 wrote:I heard from friend that bars from poonsuk road are moving to the soi 80 in next 2 years and reason is poon suk´s temple. Is this just speculation or is there little truth inside rumor?

chopper
its possible but not that many spots left at the moment

new bar opening soon opposite whitehouse, colin from sinatras 102 is opening it
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Euro bar has moved from soi Salakem to soi 80. It is sat between Clansman (which seems to be changing too) and Chill Chill bar. It's directly opposite Deema restaurant
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

The updated Soi 80 map ...
soi80.jpg