Regular bars in Hua Hin?

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
henryv
Novice
Novice

Regular bars in Hua Hin?

Post by henryv »

Hello. I will be visiting Hua Hin for the first time in April. My question is this: are there any bars (non barfine type) that regular, or working gals go to in the evening to hook up? For those of you who are familiar with Pattaya, something like the Bamboo bar.

Thanks in advance.
margaretcarnes
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Regular bars in Hua Hin?

Post by margaretcarnes »

Oooo this is a tricky one - HuaHin really isn't the same as Pattaya, and neither are many of the girls. I'm hoping that Usual Suspect will be along to give you up to date advice on the scene there. But in my own experience of running a bar in HH in the past the girls are much more faithful to their own bars. And bar owners - certainly farang ones - would be wary of the after hours freelancers.
Of course some of the girls will go on to other places after hours - probably a little way out of town away from the normal tourist spots - to small singing bars etc in the areas of Canal Rd and Soi 80 outwards, or the the Hilton Hotel disco. But the difference between HH centre and Pattaya is the HH has a relatively small central bar area with a main temple situated in it, and is therefore subject to quite strict controls. (Along with the other obvious influence there.)
I would say seek out a friendly farang bar on arrival and take advice - somewhere like Romantic Bar on Bintabahn would be a good start.
A sprout is for life - not just for Christmas.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

the answer to your question is go to the Hilton starting at 11:pm.
I would wait for Friday or Saturday night.
Expensive drinks. Dancing. Live band.
Really nothing happening until midnight. Almost all of the girls in there are freelance. You will be very handsome if you stand in the middle of the room. Pick one out and take her just outside the entrance and sit down and talk. That way you can get a good look at her in normal lighting. Make sure she is not a man. The men in Hua Hin are way hotter than the women, so be careful.

Then at 2:00am when the Hilton closes go to the Cat Club next door. (Same side of the street, on the south side back in the small bar complex behind the Mai Tai bar). at 2:00AM the cat club fills up with all the bar girls and freelancers.

these are the same girls you just saw as you walked around the bars here. (which takes about five minutes to do) Except they have not been barfined. And it is 2am. and they are drunk and they are now standing up so you can now see how over weight they are.

if you go any earlier to these clubs they will be empty. Cat club shuts down at 4am.

Click Bar. Nice bar, expensive drinks. Girls pretending not to be hookers, but they are all hookers. Some tourist with their girlfriends.

Atlantis (sp) Bar. Same same as Click Bar. Lots of work to act like you are getting lucky.

in my experience living in Hua Hin, out of the hundreds of girls here, maybe FIVE are up to Bangkok or Pattaya standards looks wise. And most of the girls are clueless and terrible in bed. Not like BKK. So if you take a seat, your number will be called in the order we received it. :)

seriously, you will be very disappointed with the quality of girls here.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Sounds like you are just trying to avoid paying the bar fine ?? Or wanting to claim that whomever you tied into is not a "bar girl".

Kinda funny really . . . .

Cheers!
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Post by usual suspect »

So henry..both Mags & James have provided you with some info that loosely covers your Q. somewhat.
BUT..
Two things to remember about picking up girls/ladies after midnight over on the 'Dark side'..
1)..You're planning to meet your dreamgirl for the night in the early hours..what time do you yourself plan on going out to the bars drinking..? Many ladies that are frequenting these early-hours places are well in control of themselves alcohol-wise..how about you?..how many beers have you had prior to going there?..these girls are experts please keep this in mind.
Following on to my 2nd point..IF you find a lady you like, IF the evening has a 'happy ending', & you both end up in your bed...what if you wake up mid-morning to find no lady in your bed..plus no phone or wallet by your bedside either..??
THAT'S when (in hindsight) you wish you'd paid a 300B bar-fine!
Because IF you were not sh**faced you will remember which bar she was from, & can go
a) back to the bar to have a word with the Mamasan (who in turn..IF she's an honest woman) should help you.
or b)..you can go straight to the Tourist Police and report the incident to them.

(To the best of my knowlege ALL our girls have to submit their ID card for my wife to copy, & a record of this is kept just in case there should ever be any need for police involvement).
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

I just came back from walking past every bar in Hua Hin.

I may have been a little harsh. There are some nice looking girls here and there. But not go go quality. Of course the rates 40-60% cheaper in Hua Hin. Usual Suspect makes a good point about your personal security and getting the girls ID.

make sure you walk down soi 80. no non-sense girls there. you can go on your date right up stairs.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

JamesWest wrote:I just came back from walking past every bar in Hua Hin.

Wow - you are a trooper!

Or did just take a stroll down Soi 80 and a spin about the Bintabaht area? And if that is really the case then I would tell you that you missed a few. Indeed, you missed a whole lot of them.

Cheers!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree: When I review the maps for accuracy, I do them in 4 segments, over a couple of days, and still miss a lot of Hua Hin's bars.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 0 - 1 Preston NE :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 41; Position 18
henryv
Novice
Novice

Post by henryv »

Thank you, I truly appreciate the info.
henryv
Novice
Novice

Post by henryv »

No problem at all with a barfine, its just that these types of places take me back to my younger days when the hunt was actually more fun that the kill.

If you have a good bar (bar fine type) to recommend I am all phallic.
cozza
Professional
Professional

Post by cozza »

Henryv,

Thurdays are ladies night at Urban Fuzion which is across the road from the police station, near the old McDonald's and just around the corner from Bintabaht. Nice place and the Irish guy who runs it is great. There are groups in and out of there all through the week too, I would def recommend checking the place out if you want a regular scene.
Pleng
Legend
Legend

Post by Pleng »

henryv wrote:No problem at all with a barfine, its just that these types of places take me back to my younger days when the hunt was actually more fun that the kill.
If 'the hunt' is what you're after, is going to a 'regular bar' really going to give you your fix?
I mean it's not like you need to make anything of an effort to 'convince' one of these girls to go back with you!
henryv
Novice
Novice

Post by henryv »

Notwithstanding the issue is usually money, I have found that in these types of places I get a better sense about whether a gal is interested in going with you or not.
NOKYAI
Ace
Ace

Post by NOKYAI »

I HH you are more likely to be 'pray' than the hunter if you venture to the 'Dark side'
Enjoying 'Retirement'....So many jobs to do, I don't know how I ever had time to work!
blackmike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by blackmike »

JamesWest wrote:the answer to your question is go to the Hilton starting at 11:pm.
I would wait for Friday or Saturday night.
Expensive drinks. Dancing. Live band.
Really nothing happening until midnight. Almost all of the girls in there are freelance. You will be very handsome if you stand in the middle of the room. Pick one out and take her just outside the entrance and sit down and talk. That way you can get a good look at her in normal lighting. Make sure she is not a man. The men in Hua Hin are way hotter than the women, so be careful.

Then at 2:00am when the Hilton closes go to the Cat Club next door. (Same side of the street, on the south side back in the small bar complex behind the Mai Tai bar). at 2:00AM the cat club fills up with all the bar girls and freelancers.

these are the same girls you just saw as you walked around the bars here. (which takes about five minutes to do) Except they have not been barfined. And it is 2am. and they are drunk and they are now standing up so you can now see how over weight they are.

if you go any earlier to these clubs they will be empty. Cat club shuts down at 4am.

Click Bar. Nice bar, expensive drinks. Girls pretending not to be hookers, but they are all hookers. Some tourist with their girlfriends.

Atlantis (sp) Bar. Same same as Click Bar. Lots of work to act like you are getting lucky.

in my experience living in Hua Hin, out of the hundreds of girls here, maybe FIVE are up to Bangkok or Pattaya standards looks wise. And most of the girls are clueless and terrible in bed. Not like BKK. So if you take a seat, your number will be called in the order we received it. :)

seriously, you will be very disappointed with the quality of girls here.
I totally agree with you . Very detail and helpful . Thx a lot.