Hua Hin - 4 Days - First Time Advice Please

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
SPONSORS: Rhino Pool Tables : Thailand Pool Tables
puthsardarade
Novice
Novice

Hua Hin - 4 Days - First Time Advice Please

Post by puthsardarade » Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:50 pm

Hi,

I will be arriving in Hua Hin in around a weeks for the first time, I asked similar questions to the below on different posts for other destinations.

Keen on meeting girls on an evening, occasionally during the day.

I plan to book an hotel near Hilton as that appears to be the ideal spot from what I've read.

Any advice on the following:

1) Transfer from the ferry port to hotel which is really close to Hilton - ferry arrives around 12pm?

2) Where is the best exchange shop locally for money exchange?

3) Good massages locally (no extras required - for that I would hope to pick up a girl)?

4) Best place locally to hire a motorbike and possible attractions to visit?

5) Best place to go locally to learn Muay Thai as a beginner?

5) Likely areas where I can pick up a non-bar girl and use as a tour guide for a reasonable LT fee of course?

6) Any other tips/suggestions?

I understand that's quite lot, so any responses on any of the above will be helpful and I'll also try and do my own research as well.

Thanks in advance

Bonbon
Amateur
Amateur

Re: Hua Hin - 4 Days - First Time Advice Please

Post by Bonbon » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:39 am

Go to Pattaya

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by HHTel » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:04 am

If arriving by ferry, I guess he's coming from Pattaya!

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Post by 404cameljockey » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:46 am

:lach:

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:38 am

Your questions are easily answered, but I'll be honest, I've been flabbergasted at how much you intend fitting in to just 4 days - have you arranged a week's bed rest at your next stop? :D
puthsardarade wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 4:50 pm
Hi,

I will be arriving in Hua Hin in around a weeks for the first time, I asked similar questions to the below on different posts for other destinations.

Keen on meeting girls on an evening, occasionally during the day. 50% of the population. I'm sure you'll spot some.
Seriously, meet them for what/how long? Be careful with your answer, some answers may be unsuitable for this forum. Just wander around the usual touristy places, and it is sure to happen. I walked from Hua Hin Temple to near the fishing pier for a meeting several times last year. The number of propositions each time was into double figures :shock: .

I plan to book an hotel near Hilton as that appears to be the ideal spot from what I've read. Close to many bars,
beach and restaurants. On holiday, I used to be there every night. Now that I live here, I don't suppose I go there more than a dozen times a year. There are places a little further out of town that suit me much better these days/are much cheaper.

Any advice on the following:

1) Transfer from the ferry port to hotel which is really close to Hilton - ferry arrives around 12pm? There will be taxis and tuk tuks waiting to meet the ferry - just grab one. If you're on a budget, I've seen songtaews who will take multiple people (shared cost).

2) Where is the best exchange shop locally for money exchange? Victory is supposed to be very competitive. Basement of Market Village and Bluport. However, they're much of a muchness, and it could be quite a jaunt to get another 10 Baht.

3) Good massages locally (no extras required - for that I would hope to pick up a girl)? Sorry, I don't do massage.
Staying where you are however, extras may be obligatory :D

4) Best place locally to hire a motorbike and possible attractions to visit? There are loads of places near to your hotel. You'll find the streets are lined with motorcycle rentals.

5) Best place to go locally to learn Muay Thai as a beginner?In 4 days, you're going to struggle to learn very much.
The Boxing Garden is the closest to your hotel. However, Muay Thai Gyms are flavour of the month here at the moment - everybody seems to think they can make their fortune. Just walk into one - they will all take your money.

5) Likely areas where I can pick up a non-bar girl and use as a tour guide for a reasonable LT fee of course? IMHO,
you are as well picking up an experienced bar girl - she will know all of the best places to go, and will probably than an official guide, who will want to take you to where they get the best kick backs.

6) Any other tips/suggestions?
Slow down a bit, if you try to do everything you intend in just 4 days, you'll be like a Chinese tourist - get to the attraction, take a selfie and move on to the next.

I understand that's quite lot, so any responses on any of the above will be helpful and I'll also try and do my own research as well.

Thanks in advance
Season 2017/18 Plymouth Argyle

Points 68; Position 7

puthsardarade
Novice
Novice

Post by puthsardarade » Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:59 pm

Thanks for your response

nightowlz888
Rookie
Rookie

Post by nightowlz888 » Wed Apr 04, 2018 9:37 am

I have to agree for late readers, for ease of navigation and variety go to Pattaya. Hua Hin is more laid back and on Bintabaht maybe 1/3 bars would even say come in most sit and wait. Pattaya is more in your face and if you are shy perhaps there is best

--AndY
Amateur
Amateur

Post by --AndY » Wed Apr 04, 2018 3:42 pm

Late reply, but this is for any other reader who has the same questions...

Transfers from the ferry port is easy as there are many cheap tuk tuk's...

I wouldn't stay around the Hilton area IMO, get yourself on soi 88 or around there... It's only a motorbike taxi from the Hilton, 50 bath at the most (just over a pound) the digs are super cheap as well, plus u have got BKP for pre drink n food before hitting the main action... Also near to soi 80...

Soi 88 about 100m before the terminal hotel, there is a motorbike shop, I payed 3000 baht for the month, but on a day rate ya looking at 200baht, I'd try n get it for 150 a day.. No deposit only a copy of ya passport n hotel name...

Boxing gyms... Garden boxing gym, right near the Hilton, it's ok not the best, it's small, but it's got the cutest dog ever, he's super friendly n loves to play :)
The gym I use I don't even know the name of it lol... But on soi 88, the terminal hotel is on the left as you pass... Follow the road all the way down until u come to a cross roads, ul see it, as soon as come up to the cross roads.... It's big, loads of bags, weights n they do classes for starters...

Money exchange, can't really comment on that, as I do it all back in the UK... I got 43.5 to the pound, think u can get 44, but I'm still working on finding better ways, I.E less charges....

Finding Thai girls.. IM(HUMBLE)O I think the game has changed, it's all about the dating apps now, u can find what ever type of girl you want on there.. That will come to your room, or u can find a good girl.. Also u can find girls who want to teach you Thai, even cheaper than taking the classes...

Massage shops... So so many, I'd say take a day On the motorbike going round getting massaged, u don't have to just look on soi poosuk there is loads, and u will find what your looking for... Or use the Thai dating app, always good...

Attractions, loads of temples to see, the monkey temple where u can feed them n they all jump on u, get sum belting snaps (photos)... Get on ya bike to phraya Nakhon cave.. Once u get there, I walk up n down the mountain, don't get the boat round as ul miss every thing.. But that's ur choice... Defo a must see that place...
The water park, night markets, all good stuff.. Ohhh if u like the fish, hua hin has sum of the best fishing too...

The first time I came to hua hin, I hated it.... I stay around the Hilton area n only seen that side to it.. Then I started to talk with a girl who come from hua hin, she opened my eyes to every thing hua hin had, then I fell in love with it haha
Don't get me wrong if u stay somewhere for a long time, it gets boring, as it did with me on Koh Samui, but with hua hin I can jump on the bike n go sum where else for the day, but if ur stuck on a island it's pretty hard to do lol

That's just my 2p worth of info :) sorry for the bad grammar n spelling hehe
Also I'd love to know how u trip went, is hua hin a place ud come visit again.... All the best pal :)
Remember bar girls can't eat love! :twisted:
My nana use to say, Son if your got nothing nice to say, then don't say nothing at all!!!

RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer » Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:44 pm

I'll stick to one subject. If you do not have a motorbike license from your home country, do not rent one here.

No travel insurance or any other type of insurance will cover you in case of accident.