Afternoon drinking spots

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
SPONSORS: Rhino Pool Tables : Thailand Pool Tables
Bubba1
Amateur
Amateur

Afternoon drinking spots

Post by Bubba1 » Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:36 am

Where is a good spot for an afternoon beer or two?

HHTel
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Afternoon drinking spots

Post by HHTel » Sun Jul 29, 2018 10:25 am

OMG There are dozens of places. It depends what you want. Beach, quiet, noisy, great view, other farangs, food........ There are so many criteria. I personally, depending on my mood sit at Ton's bar on the beach near the Pattaya Ferry.

404cameljockey
Ace
Ace

Re: Afternoon drinking spots

Post by 404cameljockey » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:34 pm

Yes crazy question!

Beach cafe restaurant Soi 75/1 is nice to relax by the sea and watch beach strollers, tourists, kite surfers (in season), etc. Not the cheapest but not the most expensive.

At Limelight Bar or El Murphy (look on Google Maps) you can sit and people watch at the crossroads.

Head down to Kao Tao beach for very quiet beach and sunbeds, and cheap food and bottles of beer.

Head north to Devasom Hua Hin Resort for cocktail happy hour (2 for 1) in a colonial style hotel. Lovely sunbeds right by the beach again. Very quiet.

Also upmarket is Oceanside beach club & restaurant, behind Putaharacsa hotel on Naebkehardt Road in town. Lovely.

Sit in one of the bars in Bintabaht (Walking Street) while it's quiet, before the bar girls arrive for the evening. Sit in comfortable chairs right on the street and watch the people. Cheap beers and local spirits.

I think you just need to get out and see for yourself. :)