Soi Selakam

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Big Boy

Re: Soi Selakam

Post by Big Boy »

:offtopic: please
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

europtimiste wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm Most of us are here, because they were fed up with the laws and regulations of their countries
I think this is relevent to euro's line of thinking about Selakam, so I will answer. 'Most' is a big claim and if true, I am not in the 'most' you refer to. I can honestly say that my Countries laws and regulations had no bearing on my moving here and I have not really heard anyone express that opinion about their reasons for moving here either.

So maybe you are in a minority in your way of thinking about this?
Talk is cheap
dundrillin
Guru
Guru

Post by dundrillin »

Whilst by no means wishing to become a member ( only member ) of the Europtimiste fan club I do think he has a fair point. I for one am sickened by for the example by the actions of the police i.e. Go 1 mph over the speed limit and your fined plus penalty points however if your house is burgled they will not investigate. Similarly the U.K. Donate very large sums in foreign aid and that's a good thing if properly targeted, however that the governments of all persuasions refuse to increase the pension of expats is pathetic and causes hardship to many people.
People decide to relocate to Thailand for many reasons.

I know,I know ----back to topic.
uncle tom
Ace
Ace

Post by uncle tom »

OK, back to topic..

Can anyone identify a specific obstacle to putting an evening width restriction on Poonsuk to stop tourists being squashed up against buildings as fat pick-up trucks force their way down?

- Bintabaht shows that roads can be restricted at certain times of day

- A quick glance at the map shows that the traffic has other options and is saving little time using Poonsuk.

- The site of the demolished restaurants could be simply re-modelled as a bike park

With three parts of the Bintablock fully pedestrianised in the evening, and the other leg open to bikes, tuk tuks and food carts only, you'd greatly enhance the ambience..
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly...
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I can see the danger of allowing trucks down any of those roads. I had friends staying at the old Jings and tried to deliver them in my great truck - it was very dangerous, and I wouldn't attempt it again. Even collecting them at about 10am was less than easy.

I learnt the hard way, but how many others go that way, not realising the danger?

Points 48; Position 20
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

caller wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:16 pm
europtimiste wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:36 pm Most of us are here, because they were fed up with the laws and regulations of their countries
I think this is relevent to euro's line of thinking about Selakam, so I will answer. 'Most' is a big claim and if true, I am not in the 'most' you refer to. I can honestly say that my Countries laws and regulations had no bearing on my moving here and I have not really heard anyone express that opinion about their reasons for moving here either.

So maybe you are in a minority in your way of thinking about this?
If you want to know if I am in a minority in my way of thinking, you can request a poll (survey) to the forum.
I am maybe a minority among those who expressed their opinion, but those who expressed their opinion are also a minority of the forum members.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:02 pm I can see the danger of allowing trucks down any of those roads. I had friends staying at the old Jings and tried to deliver them in my great truck - it was very dangerous, and I wouldn't attempt it again. Even collecting them at about 10am was less than easy.

I learnt the hard way, but how many others go that way, not realising the danger?
I already delivered several times a friend to his guesthouse at Hayeak, at 8.00 pm with my pick-up, not easy due to bikes, but possible, depends on your driving skill.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said it was very dangerous. I prefer not to put fellow human beings in danger. As I've said, several of the victims in Binthabat were kiddies.

Points 48; Position 20
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:30 am I didn't say I couldn't do it, I said it was very dangerous. I prefer not to put fellow human beings in danger. As I've said, several of the victims in Binthabat were kiddies.
Never saw any accident there. Your comments are toxic propaganda for promoting a car free area. That's your obsession. Luckily this forum doesn't represent all farangs from HH.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, absolutely no obsession from me - I rarely go down there. It just makes sense though.

Whatever, it matters very little what you, I or any Farang might think. The Thais will do whatever they think is best.

Points 48; Position 20
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

I have lived here for 9 years,please inform where Hayeak is???
Yes,lets open another topic,you state most people are here due rules and regulations in their country,you are Swiss,i think everyone would be extremely interested to know what caused you to leave such an extremely inauspicious and relatively stable and boring country where the majority of the laws are banking related???
Back to topic!!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 11:59 am No, absolutely no obsession from me - I rarely go down there. It just makes sense though.

Whatever, it matters very little what you, I or any Farang might think. The Thais will do whatever they think is best.
BB, you get the award for patience.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Thistle wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 12:26 pm I have lived here for 9 years,please inform where Hayeak is???
Yes,lets open another topic,you state most people are here due rules and regulations in their country,you are Swiss,i think everyone would be extremely interested to know what caused you to leave such an extremely inauspicious and relatively stable and boring country where the majority of the laws are banking related???
Back to topic!!!
You already gave a summery of reasons.
9 yrs, you stayed home ?...555 Where is Hayeak ?? Murphy, Limelight bars..... Go for a walk.....
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

in very simple terms,,,,,,,,,,,,,,where is Hayeak???
I know Murphys and Limelight,i know Jungle Juice,i know several of the surrounding bars,would you be kind enough to inform me where Hayeak is,i have googled and got nothing??
Possible to get a straight answer??? Which soi is it actually in,obviously one if you are permitted and able to drive in???
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Ha Yaek - 5 ways in Thai ห้าแยก. The five ways crossroad/junction.