Nostalgic music

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Nostalgic music

Post by hhfarang »

One of the things I like about movies is that they use a lot of classic music, especially the ones that are set in classic times. They remind me of when I was full of hopes and dreams (not the Obama kind :D ) and the indiscretions of my youth.

I was recently watching The Expendables II for the second time because I like action movies and I like the older actors in that movie that I grew up watching and one of the background songs brought me back to a time in 1969 that was .... well, what can I say ... an amazing time in my life.

The song was Crystal Blue Persuasion by Tommy James & the Shondells.

This happens to me more and more as I age. I suspect many of you have the same feelings when you hear familiar songs from that time, am I right? :D :thumb: :rasta: :cheers:
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
PeteC

Re: Nostalgic music

Post by PeteC »

If I start in on this I'll never stop. :D

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Nostalgic music

Post by PeteC »

Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source