Bob Hoskins Has Died Aged 71

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
Big Boy

Bob Hoskins Has Died Aged 71

Post by Big Boy »

Just seen this on Sky News and Facebook almost simultaneously.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/bob-hoskins ... l?cmp=ukfb
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Bob Hoskins Has Died Aged 71

Post by richard »

Great actor. Loved all his stuff.

Prompted me to kick off a re-watch of the 'Pennies from Heaven' series
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
Lung Per
Legend
Legend

Post by Lung Per »

Loved his performance in "Pennies from Heaven". Great actor. R:I:P:
A friend is only one click away
moja
Guru
Guru

Post by moja »

will be sadly missed. RIP
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

A sad loss of a truly great British actor.

Whether it was the japery of Roger Rabbit, the tragedy of Mona Lisa, or the brutality of The Long Good Friday Bob shone like a lighthouse. Long Good Friday and Mona Lisa are still two of my most beloved gangland flicks - proper full on London Noir at its best.

I also know that he was a proper rough diamond gentleman with a heart of gold. My ex wife was a bit part actor in a few flicks, one of which was Mona Lisa. She played one of the hostesses in the scene where George is digging round a seedy Soho strip and sex hostess club. So my ex spent all day on set dressed only in skimpy lingerie, freezing her cute ass off as the production crew had failed to heat the set. Bob noticed Candy shivering, whipped off his long woolen Cromby, wrapped her in it and gave her a big hug to warm her up. Then he got her some hot tea, and had a proper Bob shout at the director, telling him to get some heaters in and warm the set up. My ex always had a warm place in her heart for him, and said of all the actors she had met he was the kindest, funniest and best of the bunch.

To me he will always be Harold Shand in Long Good Friday, with that last look of bitterness and anger and fear you see on his face in the very last scene as he goes for that last ride with the IRA hitmen. No words needed....the face says it all

That to me is Bob at his best, with the pier scene from Mona Lisa coming in a close second.

See you mate....and thanks for the times

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
Homer
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Homer »

sandman67 wrote:To me he will always be Harold Shand in Long Good Friday, with that last look of bitterness and anger and fear you see on his face in the very last scene as he goes for that last ride with the IRA hitmen. No words needed....the face says it all

That to me is Bob at his best, with the pier scene from Mona Lisa coming in a close second.
+1