Thailand Fever

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Thailand Fever

Post by kendo »

Can anyone please tell me the authors name of the book,No cure for Thailand fever, i have found on Amazon, :roll: a book called,Good Medicine for Thailand Fever by the author Chris Pirazzi and Vitida Vasant i want to Know if it is the same book.I made the mistake of ordering a book called,The damage done by Warren Fellows and then i purchased 4,000 days by Warren Fellows, when i got home i realized its the same book different title
sandman67
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sandman67 »

Thats the right one mate....helped me get my head around some of the madder aspects of Thai culture, especially family, relationship issues, money, etc.,....

its a great book in both English and Thai, although its a bit more American than English...so some of the examples require some translation to Blighty situations...its also not very nice about "bar girls" (or maybe Im just lucky)...

....the problem of course is your Thai lass will probably do what Mrs S did and insist its only your problem/responsibility to read it. :cuss:

Mad fact of the day: The average Thai person reads just 6 "book" pages of text a year....
"Science flew men to the moon. Religion flew men into buildings."

"To sin by silence makes cowards of men."
doggie

fever

Post by doggie »

check www.pattayaplaza.com its there somewhere

:thumb:
LIGHT TRAVELS FASTER THAN SOUND. THAT IS WHY SOME PEOPLE APPEAR BRIGHT UNTIL YOU HEAR THEM SPEAK.
Life is like a roll of toilet paper.
The closer it gets to the end,
the faster it goes.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Kendo have you read "Welcome To Hell" thats another book about a bloke getting put in the Bangkok Hilton. Worth a read.

Ive just ordered 1 called Farang which is supposed to be good.

Also "Very Thai:Everyday Popular Culture" is worth buying, lots of Photos, Nice Coffee table book, about £20 though.

Siam Smiles is also quite amusing, Its a diary of a bloke trying to get his Hotel in Pattaya up and running.
Some funny stuff, The Chef from his Cafe is off for the day, random European bloke complains his Chilli Con Carne is cold, the boss takes it back and tells the girl whos covering "not hot" so she chops a load more Chillis into it and sends it back to him. :mrgreen:

Just some good TIT storys.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

BaaBaa. wrote:Kendo have you read "Welcome To Hell" thats another book about a bloke getting put in the Bangkok Hilton. Worth a read.

Ive just ordered 1 called Farang which is supposed to be good.

Also "Very Thai:Everyday Popular Culture" is worth buying, lots of Photos, Nice Coffee table book, about £20 though.

Siam Smiles is also quite amusing, Its a diary of a bloke trying to get his Hotel in Pattaya up and running.
Some funny stuff, The Chef from his Cafe is off for the day, random European bloke complains his Chilli Con Carne is cold, the boss takes it back and tells the girl whos covering "not hot" so she chops a load more Chillis into it and sends it back to him. :mrgreen:

Just some good TIT storys.
Yeah i think i have read "Welcome to hell" Colin Martin the Irish guy that had his company ripped off by some farang fraudster everything went tits up, and the poor sod got 12 years in the Big Tiger.The book that i have mentioned above "The damage done/4000 days" this is the same book under two different titals bloody powerfull read very harrowing at times,would recommend this book all day long.
I love to read books on Thailand and expand my knowledge,and read other peoples experiances, also fascinated about the Thai prison system, there are two guys, from a two mile radius of were i live both in Bang Kwang ,one has been there for 15 years and the other has been in there 2 years, i even went to the same school as the second guy, so its hard not to show some intrest,one day i will get a visiting order and go and see them,when i am in not such a hurry with the wife.If you ever think of visiting anyone there i can PM you there names.
BaaBaa.
Addict
Addict

Post by BaaBaa. »

Yeah thats the one.

I'll buy The Damage Done, was on my list already.

Just reread my post, Farang isnt about Bang Kwang, Just an Expats observations on Thailand.
kendo
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by kendo »

BaaBaa. wrote:Yeah thats the one.

I'll buy The Damage Done, was on my list already.

Just reread my post, Farang isnt about Bang Kwang, Just an Expats observations on Thailand.
Observations,opinions, storys,and experiances, i love it and cant read enough about LOS thats wot makes this forum great.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

There have been many different threads on Thailand books, and a few good sounding ones here.

How about a list of 'must reads" for some of us catching up?