Public transport to Dolphin Bay

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
lomuamart

Public transport to Dolphin Bay

Post by lomuamart »

I'd like to be able to play the municipal course at Dolphin Bay a bit more regularly. However, I don't have my own transport.
A public bus to Pranburi won't be a problem, but it's from there to the vicinity of the golf course that I know nothing about.
Does anyone know if there is public transport from Pranburi and how regularly it runs?
Any information would be greatly appreciated.
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

There is no public transport to Dolphin Bay. But several hotels (I think Leelawadee is one of them) have a regular Bus service to Hua Hin, which can also be used by non-guests. But I have no details. You could try to phone some hotels in Dolphin Bay.
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Thanks for the reply and it's just as I expected.
My wife has called all of her sisters, one of whom runs public buses to Petchaburi. All three thought I was mad to try and get from Pranburi to Dolphin Bay by public transport.
"Why does he want to go there?"
"Because I want to play inexpensive golf and I don't care if it takes me 2 hours to get there".
The best reply from the family was to take the public bus to Pranburi market and negotiate a private taxi from there.
Oh well, at least I've asked.
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

lomuamart,

Sorry I can not help, but it may be worth asking the question in another area.

"South of Hua Hin" does not feature in the "latest topics" list, so most people don't read it.

:cheers:
You only live once.
buksida

Post by buksida »

ozuncle wrote:lomuamart,
Sorry I can not help, but it may be worth asking the question in another area.

"South of Hua Hin" does not feature in the "latest topics" list, so most people don't read it.
Not sure where you're looking as it does on my screen:

Granted it may not be on external websites as the section is relatively new.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

Yes I see it now but I'm almost sure it was not there when I posted.

:?
You only live once.
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

OK,

Same problem as before.

I access through "observergroup" site.

Am I the only One?

You only live once.
buksida

Post by buksida »

It may not have been there originally as it was no longer a 'latest topic' as others had been replied to more recently - that's how it works, last week's topics won't be there either unless they've been replied to recently.

Anyway, on the subject, I don't know of any public transport that goes direct, you can get local buses to Paknam, Pranburi and SRY but nothing to DB as far as I'm aware. Taxis from Hua Hin go by the name 'Dick Turpin'.

Edit: The Observer Group is not HHAD - try accessing HHAD via HHAD! :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
ozuncle
Guru
Guru

Post by ozuncle »

[quote="buksida"]

Edit: The Observer Group is not HHAD - try accessing HHAD via HHAD! :thumb:[/quote\\\

Sorry,
Just the way I got to start using the forum.
No drama.
I will try to not criticise or find fault in future.

You only live once.