Prachuabkhirikhan province a drought zone

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
dom77
Amateur
Amateur

Prachuabkhirikhan province a drought zone

Post by dom77 »

Dear All

As the province as province has been declared a drought zone do you think peole will stop watering the road. I know it keeps dust down but its a bloody nusciance as it destroys the road and more importantly wastes water.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Prachuabkhirikhan province a drought zone

Post by dtaai-maai »

I didn't think anything could remind me of the UK any more, then someone announces a drought while its heaving down outside...!
This is the way
dom77
Amateur
Amateur

Post by dom77 »

We need every drop of rain.

So if it has rained today are you going to waste water and water the lawn or just be thankful it has rained?
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

dom77 wrote:We need every drop of rain.

So if it has rained today are you going to waste water and water the lawn or just be thankful it has rained?
I'll wait for it to stop first.
This is the way
buksida

Post by buksida »

Reservoirs in Prachuap Khiri Khan at 30% Capacity

Due the severe drought currently experienced in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province, the reservoirs in the province are now at only 30 percent of their capacity.

An irrigation official in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province has reported that six districts in the province, namely Muang, Pranburi, Hua Hin, Sam Roi Yot, Kuiburi and Bang Saphan Noi have been declared drought disaster zones for the third consecutive year.

All of the six reservoirs in the province are at the average of about 30 percent of their capacity.

The situation is critical at Pranburi Dam where there are about 86 million cubic meter of water left in the reservoir or only about 24 percent of its full capacity.

Normally, the reservoir holds about 347 million cubic meter water.

The water supply is therefore enough for household usage but not enough for farming.

The local population and farmers in the province are strongly advised to use water efficiently to conserve the current low supply.

Source: TAN
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson