A day and a night in Pranburi

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

A day and a night in Pranburi

Post by Takiap »

Not sure if this will be of any interest to anyone, but I'll post anyway.

My wife and I, along with our three kids decided to spend Saturday and Saturday night in Pranburi just to have a short break from routine. Mrs T booked a room at a resort called "At Pran", and while the room wasn't as nice as it appeared on the website, it does seem to be quite reasonable, considering the location. The room costs 1,800 baht, but on the upside, kids stay free, and you're welcome to take your dog or dogs with you, and again, there's no additional charge.

The resort is right on the beach so to speak, but if you like a lively crowd, it's not the place for you since the beach is mostly deserted, which actually suited us perfectly. There are a number of resorts next to each other, so finding decent meals is no problem at all, but there are no shops close by, apart from one which is roughly 2km away.

By the evening time, the resort was fully booked with well heeled Bangkok Thais, so I would imagine reservation are essential. Like I said, the rooms are nothing special, but the fact that dogs are allowed, and kids can stay free, is enough to attract enough customers to keep rooms filled.

All in all, a nice little break, most of which was spent digging for mussels on the beach with my wife. :shock: . I should mention, these mussels are really small, and in my opinion, not worth the effort required to cook and eat them, but apparently they're seen as a delicacy because you can't buy them in restaurants and etc. Anyway, now I know how to collect mussels :laugh: , and besides, the three kids had a great time as well.

In summary........if you have two or three kids, and you'd like a break somewhere that is quiet, peaceful, and devoid of any traffic, then it's certainly a place worth considering. :thumb:

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact