Trip to Ban Krut

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Rone

Trip to Ban Krut

Post by Rone »

We got to visit Ban Krut mid December for 3 nights Monday to Thursday. We booked a superior room at the Arcadia bed/breakfast. No dramas getting there we booked seats on the lunch time special express train from Hua Hin in advance. As is the norm the train was about 35 minutes late. Telephoned the hotel on arrival in Ban Krut and the hotel sent transport to collect us

We enjoyed the hotel which I would class as some where between a 3* and a 4*. On reflection the rooms and breakfast were a good 3* and the facilities/pool a good 4*. Certainly although the room was basic and on the small side it was clean and the decor was ok with a decent balcony and quiet Air Con. The rooms are tucked away from the hotel a little but they have free bikes for hire so we took advantage and made good use of them on the quiet roads.. Would def stay there again.

Eating we had evening meals at Nu Restaurant where they spoke very very little English but were helpful and the meal was good and cheap. Platoo where they spoke a little more English (not a lot) and again enjoyable. One evening meal and 2 lunches at JJs where there was more European choice and again very enjoyable and well priced. All the restaurants were very quiet.

We frequented Boons bar a couple of evenings and she was a great hostess and a good atmosphere. Just watch your bill though. The 1st night she gave me change for a 500 when I had given her 1000, apology and proper change! and the second night charged for an extra glass of wine. Once I take as a mistake - twice ?? Still she is a friendly social lady and we would go there again being careful to add our drinks and count the change.

All in all an excellent 3 days far away from life in Hua Hin and it was very quiet and laid back. We will go back again.

It can only happen in Thailand moment. Going back to Hua Hin, we got back to the station and waited eventually 40 min late, the attendant rang his bell and announced the train to Bangkok would be departing from platform 2. There was only one platform?? we all just stood there and the train arrived on an adjacent line. We all had to climb down off the platform (1?) and walk across the line and scramble up onto the train. The first step onto the train was about 3ft high. Happy days.
buksida

Re: Trip to Ban Krut

Post by buksida »

Thanks for sharing the trip report, BK is s nice quiet getaway, less than 2 hours down the road.

If anyone else is thinking of going you can get info, maps and discount accommodation here: www.bankrutinfo.com
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson