Pranburi day trip ???

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
achadah7
Amateur
Amateur

Pranburi day trip ???

Post by achadah7 »

Hi all,
we will be in HH and will have a car / suv at or disposal, is it worth to do a day / half a day trip to pranburi ? what all is there to see ?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Re: pranburi day trip ???

Post by hhfarang »

Not to Pranburi city, but head down to the sea in the Pranburi area and there are several beach communities worth a visit starting from the north with Pak Nam Pran and going south to Khao Lolak, Khao Sam Roi Yod National Park and Dolphin Bay.
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
achadah7
Amateur
Amateur

Post by achadah7 »

Thanks @HHfarang.
The dolphin bay is just a bay or does it have dolphins ?
hhfarang
Hero
Hero

Post by hhfarang »

It has rare white dolphins, though they are probably also rare to see. I happened to be down there one time when there was a few of them off the beach and you could see they were solid white (or pinkish white), at least above the water when they surfaced.

Check with Barry of Mermaid Cruises. If anyone can take you to see them or to the islands, beaches, and national parks in the area, he is the one...

http://huahincruises.com/gallery/index.html
My brain is like an Internet browser; 12 tabs are open and 5 of them are not responding, there's a GIF playing in an endless loop,... and where is that annoying music coming from?
achadah7
Amateur
Amateur

Post by achadah7 »

Great, thanks
Gus
Guru
Guru

Re: Pranburi day trip ???

Post by Gus »

achadah
Buy a map of Prachuap Kiri Khan province, this will show you all the nice little bays etc south of Pranburi. I stuck to the coast as much as possible heading south and then returned on the main highway.
You will have a lovely time as the roads are very quiet, just Honda Waves nipping around a bit.
Driving through Sam roi Yod has a great feel to it.