Hua Hin Safari Camp 10 km South Hua Hin is not for to advice

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Socrates

Hua Hin Safari Camp 10 km South Hua Hin is not for to advice

Post by Socrates »

Today we looked around 10 km in the South to that Safari Camp... first the sign on the road said, only 10 km ahead. After 10 km the sign said 5 km more in the nowhere... we went in, till the concret road was finished.. in the middle of nowhere we found a new constructed area... still under cunstruction in some buildings.

A living tigress on a chain was waiting at the reception, also an Orang Utan baby was sitting on a table with a chain around..

in some distance, we could see 5 elephants in the sun, no shadow and no water around their place...

We asked for to walk in the area for to look, whats going on. But the man told us, this is only possible, when we book a elephant riding or rent a Quad (atv)

We are not interested in that, so we drove back to Hua Hin 20 km. This Safari-Park is not for to advice to anybody.
usual suspect
Ace
Ace

Re: Hua Hin Safari Camp 10 km South Hua Hin is not for to ad

Post by usual suspect »

Sounds like the Wildlife Rescue Centre would have something to say about the animal's welfare here :(
Having read many stories of the conditions elephants & other animals are kept in by such places like this I for one would give it a wide berth.
(would you trust the temprement of an elephant, & go for a ride on it's back after it's been in the sun all day with no water..??)
:cuss:
Socrates

Post by Socrates »

It's a good idea... to inform the wildlife rescue center...Thank you for that.

I just have sent an email to them.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

We went there a couple of months ago. Difficult journey. When we got there we were not allowed to look around unless we booked a very expensive tour! We may have done that if we had been allowed to view first. I wouldn't recommend a visit by anyone (Except the animal welfare organisations). We were chased back to our car being told we can have a 10% discount on any tours. Not allowed to look first! --- forget it!
gandalfinthai

Re: Hua Hin Safari Camp 10 km South Hua Hin is not for to advice

Post by gandalfinthai »

This place should be shut down for cruelty to animals and for being a scam. Always be wary of anyplace that hides demands high prices for services that are hidden, is sneaky about the distance or difficulty of getting to the services and has touts to pull you in. Also, the fact that they do not allow you take a camera in is another indication. I too observed animals chained in the distance.
JamesWest
Ace
Ace

Post by JamesWest »

yes the vibe at this place was really bad. i just left. very expense and not worth the long trip to find it. they had a baby tiger on a chain in the lobby. everything is hidden from view, and they really twist your arm to buy a ticket.
I really like this forum because there are no personal attacks. All the members contribute in a positive way to my posts.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Went there last year and agree with all the previous posts. We were not allowed to browse unless we parted with a few thousand baht! Very high pressure selling to the point of following us back to the car. Definitely a no-no.