Music Society meeting and jam, 24 January

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
dahobbit

Music Society meeting and jam, 24 January

Post by dahobbit »

I'm trying to get a Music Society off the ground here, as a chance to have fun, to upgrade the quality of music in town over time, and to (maybe) create a situation for people to play together without worry.

The first meeting will be on Monday, January 24 at 2:30 pm at the Oyster Bar restaurant on Naresdamri Road between Chomsin and Dechanuchit Roads in the waterfront area.

After the meeting, we'll have an open jam session, using the equipment of the band there. I've discussed with a few people, and I don't believe there will be any issues of work permits, as it's a completely non-commercial occasion and we'll be joining with the local pros just to have a good time.

My idea for the Society is that it should be for any style of music, and for Thai and Farang equally. I'm hoping to get a good mix of rockers, jazzers, classical buffs, etc., and the presentation will be in English and in Thai. If you're into music, as a player or as a fan, please do come. It should be quite interesting.

If you'd like to help out, give me a call or email. 09 181 6328. garyshall@aol.com. I could really use some help gettiing flyers posted, among other things. Love to meet more players ahead of the meeting as well. Let me know what you do, and I'll try to organize the jam to fit.

Hope to see you there
Gary