Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
JW
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Mermaid Cruises - sublime...

Post by JW »

Looking forward to a Suncat trip too, it really was a great day!
mermaid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mermaid »

Thank you all very much for your kind comments.

We were delighted to have you all on board and enjoyed the day as much as you did.

The solenoid for SunCat1 is due to arrive from China on Thursday this week, so we should have her up and running again for the weekend.

Tan
MD Mermaid Cruises
mermaid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mermaid »

We hops you all had a great Chirstmas and would like to wish all our customers and everyone on the forum all health and success for the New Year.

Tan
MD Mermaid Cruises
mermaid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mermaid »

There is now an internet TV channel called theitravelchannel.tv - they have features on hotels, restaurants and attractions in Hua Hin and other places in Thailand.

Check out this link to see the promo for the upcoming feature on Mermaid Cruises: http://theitravelchannel.tv/en-US/artic ... n-thailand

Tan

Managing Dirtector
Mermaid Cruises

Email: tan@huahincruises.com

Tel.: 087-1701110 (mobile),
032-632223 (phone & fax)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just watched the full programme - an excelent reflection of what you guys do.

http://theitravelchannel.tv/en-US/artic ... el-channel
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
richard
Deceased
Deceased

Post by richard »

Great video

Recognised a few boarding too

Didn't see your pilot though Barry :D

Congratulations :cheers: :cheers:
RICHARD OF LOXLEY

It’s none of my business what people say and think of me. I am what I am and do what I do. I expect nothing and accept everything. It makes life so much easier.
mermaid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mermaid »

Thanks a lot for your support BB, glad you liked the video - SunCat1 is up and running again, by the way, so we should be able to plan another tour after the hectic season quietens down a bit :D

Richard: many thanks for your comments too, glad you enjoyed it :thumb:
mermaid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mermaid »

Just to let you know that the video clip of Mermaid Cruises is scheduled to be shown on MCOT channel 99 on True Visions tonight, as well as next Saturday and the following Wednesday.

Jan 23
Destination Thailand MCOT World True UBC 99
Wednesady 21.30pm (replay)

Jan 26
Saturday 10.40am (replay)

Jan 27
Wednesday 10.10am (replay)

The link to the Internet video is:
http://theitravelchannel.tv/en-US/artic ... el-channel
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've just spent what was a top day with Mermaid Cruises team.

Ever since I read about their trip on board Thailand's first electrically powered long tailed boat, The Kingfisher several years ago I had been promising myself a trip. This trip turned out to be everything I had been expecting and more.

During the day we saw a plethora of wildlife in their natural environment, the highlight of which for me were the 18 Monitor Lizards that were spotted throughout the day. The largest of which was about 3.5Mtrs long. We got really close to some of these beauties. The bird life was fantastic also, with colours I could never have imagined. All of this was made possible due to the quietness of the electric motor. We were able to sneak up on the wildlife, whereas it would have scarpered at the sound of a conventional engine long before it got anywhere near.

And the hospitality was first class also. There was no lunch menu. Instead, when we arrived at the marina, we were all asked what Thai food we liked. There were no arguments or restrictions. What we asked for was served at lunchtime. The food was delicious, and I don't know anywhere else where you have such a choice.

A brilliant day out, at a leisurely pace. Thank you very much to the Mermaid Cruises Team for a wonderful day out.

A full report and photos will be available on our Facebook page next week https://www.facebook.com/huahinforum .
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

There's so much to the Kingfisher Tour, I will report in several installments. Today's installment will be actually getting to the Kingfisher.
20131213_090917.jpg
DSC00907b.JPG
DSC00907b.JPG (121.42 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
DSC00909b.JPG
DSC00909b.JPG (111.78 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
20131213_092324.jpg
DSC00917b.JPG
DSC00917b.JPG (125 KiB) Viewed 1073 times
Full report and more photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

A Magnificent Day Onboard The Kingfisher Part 2

Today's installment takes us down the Pranburi River and into the first Mangrove Forest. On this leg of our adventure, we get off the boat, and walk through the Mangrove Forest to the Gulf of Siam - beautiful.
Travelling down the river passing the Pak Nam Pran fishing fleet.
Travelling down the river passing the Pak Nam Pran fishing fleet.
DSC00923b.JPG (109.13 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
The primitive fisherman's dwellings en-route
The primitive fisherman's dwellings en-route
DSC00934B.JPG (119.27 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
The first of our many encounters with Monitor Lizards during the day
The first of our many encounters with Monitor Lizards during the day
DSC00940B.JPG (155.44 KiB) Viewed 1004 times
Landing at Pranburi Forest Park.  Note the many noisy river taxis.
Landing at Pranburi Forest Park. Note the many noisy river taxis.
DSC00943b.JPG (140.22 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
We've walked beyond the Mangrove Forest, and are approaching the Gulf of Siam.
We've walked beyond the Mangrove Forest, and are approaching the Gulf of Siam.
DSC00950b.JPG (127.17 KiB) Viewed 1001 times
Next installment, we enter our second Mangrove Forest and back to the Mermaid Marina for lunch.

Full report and many more photos here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 718&type=1

Points 48; Position 18
Chromeman
Professional
Professional

Post by Chromeman »

This looks great Big Boy! Really nice pictures! Is this what they call the "Eco-River cruise" on their website? I almost 100% sure I will take that cruise when I get there in March.

But I also would like to take that Firefly cruise. Anyone been on that one, and maybe have some pictures from the trip?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, it is the Eco Cruise. It was everything that I had been hoping for, and probably a little more.

Regarding the Firefly Cruise, that was described by our host last week, and that too sounds very good.

I've been on a couple of trips with Mermaid Cruises now, and they are unlike any boat trip that I've ever done before. The Mermaid team go out of their to make you feel special and I can't think of a bad word to say about them.

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Isn't there a firefly season?....I would think in the hot months? Pete :cheers:

EDIT (hot)ter
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
mermaid
Rookie
Rookie

Post by mermaid »

Big Boy,

Thanks very much for all your kind comments and we're so glad you enjoyed the eco-river trip.
Great pics too.

@ chromeman
Thanks a lot for your interest in our cruises - we would be delighted to take you of any of our trips when you are here - we still also give 10% discount for forum members!

Regarding the Firefly tour - this is in Ampawah in Samut Songkhram province.
We run this tour every Friday - the floating market there is only open on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
Saturday & Sunday tend to get very crowded.
For details & pics of the tour, please visit our website at http://huahincruises.com/firefly/firefly-cruise.php or ask any questions you have here.

@ prcscct
Actually Pete, the fireflies are there all year round - weather and tide conditions can affect how many we see, but they are always there.