[ADVERTORIAL] The Wado Karate Federation

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] The Wado Karate Federation

Post by Takiap »

Wado-Karate wrote:Good news, childrens Gi's can be sourced 'made to measure' locally for about 750 Baht. This is much better than mail order from Bangkok, and helps the local economy. Just ask for details at any lesson.

Good news John, and thanks for all the effort you put in. I'll get details from you on Wednesday and then hopefully Kaylene will be all kitted out in time for the following week's lesson.

See you on Wednesday

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Gion Kata

Continuing the theme of Dan Grade Katas - today, I will demonstrate Gion Kata.

:oops: Please ignore the washing line for this and the next 4 videos :oops:
Karate - The Hardest Part Is Walking Through The Dojo Door

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Jitae Kata

Today's Dan Grading kata demonstration is Jitae.

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

I've just noticed, the club is headlining in the UK http://www.wadokaratefederation.co.uk/ :D

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Wanshu Kata

Today's Dan Grading kata demonstration is Wanshu.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Bassi Kata

Today's Dan Grading kata demonstration is Bassi.

Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi John

About your adult classes.........As I mentioned the other night, my wife is considering starting lessons, but she's concerned because she probably can't make it to your dojo by 18h00. Would it be an problem for you (and other) if she is only able to start at let's say, 18h30 on which ever day suits you best.

For any other members reading this.......if you have kids, you should really consider taking them for a free lesson to see if they enjoy it. My daughter is thoroughly hooked, and let's face it, it's a darn side better than letting them sit at home watch rubbish on TV. John and his family are really nice people, and they're willing to go out of their way to help.

Now, don't be getting a swollen head John, but seriously, credit where's it's due, thanks.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

An adult class was started last night, which will run from 1900 until 2100 each Thursday. Would that suit?

Thank you again for your kind words. As an aside, on the helpfulness side, we have negotiated 'made to measure' Gi's with a local tailor. Cost is:

Childrens (lightweight) - 750 Baht.
Adult (lightweight) - 1,250 Baht.
Adult (standard) - 1,350 Baht.

We have also asked the tailor to arrange manufacture of club badges - details to follow.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Wado-Karate wrote:We have also asked the tailor to arrange manufacture of club badges - details to follow.
Club badges will be available from 31 Aug 12 at 100 Baht each.

Jaime
Legend
Legend

Post by Jaime »

Interesting! I think I have met your dad some time....!

Not sure when we'll be back in HH but how would you be about tourists and short term visitors training with you whilst in Hua Hin? We are 2 shotokan (KUGB) 1st kyu & 1 1st Dan karateka.

In the meantime, good luck.

P.S.
Takiap wrote:Hi John......my mistake. The site I stumbled upon was a Karate-Do club.
Takiap, 'karate do' is a term that covers the broad spectrum of karate styles. I think the style of the club in Bangkok is Shotokan (as I know there is one there) but I'm sure John would agree that Wado is also a form of 'karate-do.'

In very simple terms:
'Kara' = empty
'te' = hand
'do' = way or path

Karate-do = 'Way of the empty hand'
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Jaime wrote: 'Way of the empty hand'
Yeah, I know a few in the pub like that..............

Apologies :oops: - in all seriousness, would it be OK to come and watch one of the sessions?
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Jaime wrote:Interesting! I think I have met your dad some time....!

Not sure when we'll be back in HH but how would you be about tourists and short term visitors training with you whilst in Hua Hin? We are 2 shotokan (KUGB) 1st kyu & 1 1st Dan karateka.
Hi Jaime,

My dad often talks about your mercy mission Boxing Day liaison at Michael Wood Services to get a Father Christmas suit to Thailand in time for a childrens party. :D He's also kept me informed about your son's International success.

If you are simply looking for somewhere to train, you are more than welcome to pop along when on holiday. You obviously acknowledge that there will be differences between Wado and Shotokan, and you won't walk out of the dojo a Wado expert.

I used to be in a similar situation when on holiday, and used to pop down to see Klaus. It certainly kept fitness levels up, but I didn't walk out a Wing Tsun expert.

So, in a nutshell, I'd love to see you in the dojo - just give me a call nearer the time.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

pharvey wrote:in all seriousness, would it be OK to come and watch one of the sessions?
You would be very welcome. Better still, why not try a lesson? - the first one is always free with the WKF. We have a sunbed in the dojo that you could collapse onto if it gets too much for you :D

My father also tells me that you are into some sort of alternative rugby - Welsh he calls it :D We could have a chat about that, and your days playing for my old rivals, Keynsham. :guns:

pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Wado-Karate wrote:
pharvey wrote:in all seriousness, would it be OK to come and watch one of the sessions?
You would be very welcome. Better still, why not try a lesson? - the first one is always free with the WKF. We have a sunbed in the dojo that you could collapse onto if it gets too much for you :D

My father also tells me that you are into some sort of alternative rugby - Welsh he calls it :D We could have a chat about that, and your days playing for my old rivals, Keynsham. :guns:
Sounds very good! Would love to catch up with yourself and your old man - and the sunbed whilst I collapse!! Unfortunately we'll not be there for a few months, but will certainly catch up. Best of luck anyway blue.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Rohai Kata

Today's Dan Grading kata (which will be the last for a while) demonstration is Rohai.

From tomorrow, I will start to go through the grading requirements in more detail.