[ADVERTORIAL] The Wado Karate Federation

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Re: [ADVERTORIAL] The Wado Karate Federation

Post by Wado-Karate »

Pinan Yondan Kata

Kata number 5 is Pinan Yondan. This Kata is applicable to Brown 3rd & 2nd Kyu Belt grading.

Karate - The Hardest Part Is Walking Through The Dojo Door

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi John

Just a short note to let you know Kaylene really enjoyed her lesson again yesterday, and my wife was also very impressed and has suggested we let Kaylene attend another two lessons, and then get her her Gi.

It seems there's a WADO club in Bangkok that sells the suits online, but I'll talk to you first before we order anything, since I take it she'll need a belt and etc as well.

Anyway, we'll be seeing you again next Wednesday.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Thank you again Takiap, but the pleasure was all mine. For somebody so young, and so new to the sport, Kaylene is very natural, attentive, and seems to take everything in. She made a lot of progress last night.

I'm very surprised to hear that there is another Wado club in Bangkok. As far as I knew, I was the only Wado instructor in Thailand, and this was confirmed by the Thai Karate Federation. Could you please let me have details next week, as I'd love to make contact with them.

We can also discuss the Gi next week.

Don't forget, the first lesson is always free with the WKF - absolutely no obligation
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Takiap »

Hi John......my mistake. The site I stumbled upon was a Karate-Do club.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

That is a shame, as it would have been nice to find another Wado instructor in Thailand to exchange notes, and maybe train with.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Pinan Godan Kata

Kata number 6 is Pinan Yondan. This Kata is applicable to Brown 2nd & 1st Kyu Belt grading.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Kushanku Kata

Kata number 7 is Kushanku. This Kata uses all of the skills practiced in the previous 6 katas, is applicable to Brown 1st Kyu Belt grading and all Dan gradings. This is one of the most difficult katas to master in Wado Ryu.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Seishan Kata

To date, the katas I've demonstrated have been applicable to Kyu gradings. I will now demonstrate some of the Dan grade katas. Today's kata is Seishan.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Chinto Kata

Today's kata is Chinto.

This will be the last kata for a couple of days as the Dojo floor is being re-laid.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

While the Dojo floor is being relaid, I'll give you a little insight to our founder, Hironori Ohtsuka, and the club's history.

Professor Hironori Ohtsuka

Professor Hironori Ohtsuka was born in Ibaragi, Japan in 1892, and began practicing Shindo Yoshinryu Jiu Jitsu when he was six years old, eventually becoming the highest authority. He also practised the original Okinawan Karate, being taught by Gichin Funakoshi, the first real Karate Master.

Combining his knowledge of these two major arts with his extensive knowledge of the Martial Arts in general, Professor Ohtsuka spent years developing and evolving the techniques of modern Karate Wado Ryu, now the largest school of Karate in the world. For his services to sport and in honour of his position as the highest Karate in Japan he was awarded the Shiju Hoosho medal from the government of Japan, the only man in the history of Karate to be so honoured.

After his death in 1982, his son Ohtsuka II became the Grand Master to continue in the development of the style his father founded. Ohtsuka Sensei II visited England during the summer of 1989 and it was soon after that Shiomitsu Sensei created the Wado Academy with the commitment to concentrate solely on the teachings of the founder.

Also during the re-organisation of Wado Ryu in England at this time the Wado Ryu Karate Do Federation was formed, under the guidance of its Chief Instructor, Sensei George Grimes, thus providing a local base for Wado Ryu in the West of England.

Wado Karate Federation first established in 1965, also has as its Chief Instructor, Sensei George Grimes providing high calibre training in the Kingswood and Yate areas.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

RULES IN THE DOJO (Dojo Kun or Dojo Maxims)

The following rules or Dojo Maxims are the same for all martial arts. They are the rules that all serious students of Karate should try to follow if they wish to gain maximum benefit from their training in Karate.

1. Reisetsu O Mamori.

Always have good behaviour in the Dojo and keep to the rules. Visitors and students should all follow the rules.

2. Shingi O Omanji.

Always show loyalty to your Instructor.

3. Jojitsu Ni Oberezu.

Always treat your Instructor with respect. You should always call your Instructor Sensei. Do not argue with you Instructor and always do as you are told.

4. Shinkenmi Ni Tesseyo.

Always train hard when in the Dojo. Think only of Karate. Do not play jokes, talk, chew gum, eat or drink in the Dojo. Ask if you wish to leave the Dojo for any reason.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

A quick update for those enquiring about Gi's. I am contacting a local 'tailor/clothes maker' later today to explore the possibility of having suits made to order locally here in Hua Hin. This should be a cheaper/better option than mail order from Bangkok. I will keep you posted.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Gi update - shop doesn't open on Thursdays. Will make enquiries tomorrow.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

Good news, childrens Gi's can be sourced 'made to measure' locally for about 750 Baht. This is much better than mail order from Bangkok, and helps the local economy. Just ask for details at any lesson.

Wado-Karate
Professional
Professional

Post by Wado-Karate »

The new Dojo floor has been completed. Videos will re-commence tomorrow.