ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Movies at Hua Hin Cinema

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
Big Boy

Re: ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK Movies at Hua Hin Cinema

Post by Big Boy »

I think you were thinking of Zulu Dawn :wink:
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

We've moved on a page, so bringing this back into view.
Big Boy wrote:Well, I've not had a response from the cinema yet, so I can't claim any personal success from my daily hasteners regarding a lack of Original Soundtrack Movies at Hua Hin Cinema. However, they have broken the trend and introduced an Original Soundtrack movie today (not a Thursday, but a Saturday).

Zulu showing at 16:30 & 21:10

Click on the movie name for review/trailer.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Leicester City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 48; Position 18
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Big Boy wrote:I think you were thinking of Zulu Dawn :wink:
One before that as well from 1964: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0058777/
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:shock: Was that really 1964? I remember watching it in the cinema when I was 18, and no, I'm not that old :(

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Not happy :cuss: . I've just been to the cinema to watch the 21:10 Original Soundtrack showing of Zulu - their website lies :banghead:

There are still NO original soundtrack movies at Hua Hin cinema again this week, despite the cinema's website advising otherwise.

I actually checked the website with my son and his girlfriend before leaving for the cinema at 20:30. It was definitely showing as Original Soundtrack. I've just re-checked it (was going to post a picture of the page), and it has been changed to Thai.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I don't know if this is another piece of mis-information, but I was about to submit my daily complaint when I noticed an Original Soundtrack movie is showing.

Transformers 4 (Age of Distinction) is showing in 3D at 18:00 and 21:20 daily.

Click movie title for trailer/review.

NB: This movie is in 3D, so don't forget your glasses, else you will have to purchase a pair.

My son is currently at Market Village shopping, and will confirm whether definitely Original Soundtrack when he returns.

Points 48; Position 18
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OMG :shock: Hua Hin Cinema is really taking the P now. I reported as per their website just over 30 minutes ago.

I've just looked again, and it's changed. It's no longer 3D, and the showtimes are 18:15 & 21:40.
Major_Cineplex_-_2014-06-25_19.26.18.png
Major_Cineplex_-_2014-06-25_19.26.18.png (87.58 KiB) Viewed 988 times
After being tricked into going to a Thai movie last week, and now this indecision, the Major Cineplex website is obviously a joke, and can't be relied upon.

I will continue to post showtimes, but suggest people phone to confirm the showing before they actually travel to the cinema.

My son has confirmed the revised show time.

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

At least it's soundtrack! You never know, it might change tomorrow, being Thursday. :D
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After recent website blunders, I'm not sure how reliable the following information is, and I would suggest confirming by telephone before a visit.

This week's Original Soundtrack listing:

Transformers 4 (Age of Extinction) is showing in 3D at 12:40, 16:00 and 19:20 daily.

It is listed as 3D, but in 2 years of using the cinema, I've never known them to show a 3D movie in Screen. However, if you go, be sure to take your glasses - just in case they've got something right on their web page.

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Just checked android app (and website to be sure). Digital but not 3D. 3D in Thai.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OMG :banghead: They've changed their website again - I give in.

You're quite correct hhinner. However, this is their 4th version of what's on in less than 24 hours. Who know what it will be showing in 5 minutes time?

Points 48; Position 18
Richb
Rookie
Rookie

Post by Richb »

Zulu? I'd love to hear 'Men of Harlech' in dubbed Thai. May pop along.
clinton114

Post by clinton114 »

It's "Age of EXTINCTION" not "Age of DISTINCTION"... the only thing "distinct" about it, is that "dis (film) stinks". I wasted good money seeing it in Bangkok opening day. This movie was bad, even considering it's a "Transformer" flick. I mean, BAAAAAD - technically, artistically, you name it.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The cinema is advertising this morning that Transformers is also being shown in 3D (for the 3rd time) today. I personally don't believe them (and actually think they've got somebody incapable doing their web page at the moment). Rather than just report the fact, I've taken a picture so that I don't look just as incapable when they change their minds later.
Major_Cineplex_-_2014-06-28_08.23.45.png

Points 48; Position 18
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

I think it's probably a mistake, as it's unlikely it would be in English in 2 theatres. Also, the little language box for theatre 2 looks like it's misaligned - EN/TH;T.